i cant ride my veteran sherman max in my city

yerin

53 minutes ago, Funky said:

Sure i had speed wobbles first month or so. But after 300km ridden till tis very day i haven't had single one.

You aren't likely to encounter speed wobbles at 25kph. If you're going twice that or more that's a different story. I fought with speed wobbles quite a lot until recently. In my case the V11 wheel geometry seemed to be the culprit, and changing my stance seems to have resolved it. Maybe I'm a slow learner.

56 minutes ago, Funky said:

I'm fat slob that doesn't enjoy any "outside" activities. Need to say more? :roflmao:

LOL you're awesome. I've known some fat people that still have a natural talent for physical activities. We don't choose our natural talents, but we do choose whether to use them. I met a child prodigy pianist once that absolutely hated playing the piano. Don't sell yourself short. It sounds like you have some natural talent.

47 minutes ago, Funky said:

Idk how high jumps we are talking here.. :D

Even a pothole or curb can cause a cutout if you are riding at speed. That's the concern that keeps me from jumping when off-road. I worry I'll lean forward too much mid-air and cause a cutout on landing.

44 minutes ago, skunkmonkey said:

You aren't likely to encounter speed wobbles at 25kph.

As new ridder - i think everyone has gotten them. Speed doesn't really matter. I was getting them when i went over 28psi in tire and was ridding faster than 25km/h almost every time for first 2-3 weeks. Ridding at 28psi fixed my wobble issue. Nowadays i can ride what ever speeds or psi i want.

LOL you're awesome.

Aw shucks. (No i'm not.. And don't have that talent, if any.)

Spoiler

shy-aww.gif

Even a pothole or curb can cause a cutout if you are riding at speed. That's the concern that keeps me from jumping when off-road. I worry I'll lean forward too much mid-air and cause a cutout on landing.

Hmm i never think about that. As i don't ride that fast.. And often go slower at bumpy roads. I for sure will not ride 40km/h speed on off-road.. I'm not that suicidal "yet". Even when i jump off small curb on grass, i do that at quit slow speeds. (I do that often to go around people at train stop..) Trying to squeeze true people vs ride little bit on grass. I'll take grass. (Yeah.. Yeah.. It doesn't look so pretty. But if people even walk there. Why could i not ride also.) First one to leave station vs getting stuck behind people. Have no problem riding at walking speeds, simply don't wanna wait. :D 

Doh i could imagine when you are hitting pothole or any kind bump - braking would be your first instinct, not accelerating. That would fix your cutout/overlean problem. (Ofc if you don't take up quit a lot air, before landing..)

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

As new ridder - i think everyone has gotten them. Speed doesn't really matter.

I don't say this to be argumentative, but rather because I don't want you to get hurt when you go faster. I agree, everyone experiences wobbles at low speeds when they are first learning. Mostly that's due to lack of muscle, coordination, balance, nerves.

Speed wobbles (if there's actually a difference, I haven't noticed one) occur in a few different circumstances even with experienced riders. Hard braking is notorious for causing them. Riding at speeds above 40kph or so can randomly cause them on rare occasions, especially if you are in an imperfect stance (ie: transitioning from standing to sitting). On my V11, once I learned to ride the wheel comfortably, I never got wobbles any more at low speeds, but when I would get above 40kph or so I would notice them from time to time. In my case I discovered that the wheel geometry on the V11 is bad, the central ridge makes wobbles very likely at speed. Once I realized what was happening, I changed my stance so that instead of the EUC floating loosely between my legs, I very lightly touch the top of the EUC with my knees. I haven't gotten a speed wobble since, but I know that if I hard brake that there's a fair chance that it might happen, so I prepare for it.

• Like 2

I think I feel some wobbles when the contact patch moves far forward or backward. Like going up and down inclines, or during tiltback, or weird pedal angles. Maybe that happens during hard braking too.

If the patch is in the middle(ish) and your feet are tucked in nice and center, not doing crazy stuff, it's quite stable. 

That's why I think when descending we want to move back a bit on the pedals, and forward when ascending. To stay over the contact patch.

• 2 weeks later...

The kind of EUCs that are "power limited to 25 km/h" are the likes of the Inmotion V8(F/S) and the Kingsong 14D (V5F as well, but that wheel does more like 22-23 km/h in reality, and "trips" over nearly every dimple in the road - not very safe for grown-ups).

That said, the Inmotion V11, while able to reach 55 km/h, does allow it to be limited in a way that your police officer cannot bypass:

• Speed limiter slider, as well as a secondary "speed clamp" lock for 25 km/h
  • No load detection option, which prevents free spin and shuts off the motor as you lift the wheel
  • No screen on the wheel itself, apart from battery indicator - police will have to put the wheel on a roller to read out the speed
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 simple steps how to trick the lame-ass cop:

1. Disconnect your display so it does not show speed.
2. Use EUC World and calibrate the speed in a way that a freespin will show 25km/h.