How robust is the V11 board?

v8nice

36 minutes ago, v8nice said:

I use v11 normally (I just got one), under what conditions does the power card burn? Someone mentioned jumping curbs, you can't jump a curb? What other condition burns the card?

THANKS 

I’m not entirely sure what you’re talking about. Maybe mother board? I’ve had a v11 for well over a year and I’ve ridden it hard. I drop curbs, go up them. I’ve dropped it a few times had some minor crashes. Jump off speed bumps. I haven’t burned anything out except the tire is balding. You need to watch over heating your electronics and keep your battery cells properly balanced. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Je ne suis pas entièrement sûr de ce dont vous parlez. Peut-être la carte mère ? J'ai un v11 depuis plus d'un an et je l'ai roulé dur. Je laisse tomber les trottoirs, je les monte. Je l'ai fait tomber plusieurs fois et j'ai eu quelques accidents mineurs. Sautez des ralentisseurs. Je n'ai rien brûlé, sauf que le pneu est chauve. Vous devez veiller au chauffage de vos appareils électroniques et maintenir le bon équilibre des cellules de votre batterie. 

If it have new board i thinks is beceause it have too much burned board.

But in what conditions ?

The first driver card i have change is because the voltage is not determined correctly and calibration by inmotion service not worked.

13 hours ago, v8nice said:

I use v11 normally (I just got one), under what conditions does the power card burn? Someone mentioned jumping curbs, you can't jump a curb? What other condition burns the card? 

Having something get stuck in the wheel well jamming the tire, or trying to climb a very steep hill with a soft surface. Both of them have a very high risk of burning the board. Jumping the curbs up or down definitely shouldn’t be a problem as long as you have some sense in what you do.

8 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Don't max the speed. If it does 50 stay at 40 max. 

The V11 is a pretty perky wheel with a max speed of 55km/h. I often ride at around 47km/h, and have reached 52km/h a few times. I weigh about 100kg.

Staying at 40km/h is good advice for the 16X and S18, but on the V11 you’d just be missing out. The power and speed are comparable or slightly better than on the MSX 84V which was considered a 60km/h wheel. Inmotions already have an ample amount of safety buffer at their top speed limit.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I put this into its own topic.

The V11 board was a bit shaky on release, but I think with firmware updates and a bit changed hardware(?) they got this under control. I wouldn't worry particularly much. Just understand that the V11 is not a wheel to do extreme stuff with. Just riding normally, even fast, won't be a problem for the board.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Staying at 40km/h is good advice for the 16X and S18, but on the V11 you’d just be missing out. The power and speed are comparable or slightly better than on the MSX 84V which was considered a 60km/h wheel. Inmotions already have an ample amount of safety buffer at their top speed limit.

Sure. I'm just telling him how to increase his chances of zero injury. It's the basic "stay away from the extremes" answer. :)

U-stride often hit 60km/h on his msx84 in his videos. To me that's insane. I like that there are people like him and you out there that feel more comfortable at the limits, with wheels that aren't new anymore. It means we're getting long term high speed testing.

5 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Sure. I'm just telling him how to increase his chances of zero injury. It's the basic "stay away from the extremes" answer. :)

In most cases that’s the best advice one can give, I give you that. :) The limited top speed just isn’t a good measure to assess where the limits are.

5 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I like that there are people like him and you out there that feel more comfortable at the limits

Oh, we’re nothing alike! :lol: I definitely wouldn’t go any faster on the MSX 84V than I go on the V11. If even that. I’m a rather cautious rider. I just think that 52km/h on a 78km/h free spin Inmotion (= 67%) isn’t particularly risky. When accelerated appropriately of course, and in a suitable environment. In comparison the S18 for example is at 75% at it’s limited top speed of 50km/h.

More comparisons, some people ride at 80km/h on the OG Sherman (= 77%). And AlienRides promotes the Master as a 60mph wheel (= 86%). Faster speeds would actually require more headroom, not less. The V13 is a 63% wheel. Inmotions have the largest headrooms.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1