Street tire for Sherman-S?

alex5454

Sherm-S has the wide rim, so K66 is not very fun (forces you upright).

I think Shinko SR244 is a good alternative for the standard K262/C-186 knobby, with more lively performance on pavement.

I'm interested in other opinions about fun street-only Sherm-S tires... hopefully other owners will chime in.

• Like 1

MICHILIN Pilot Street 2, 80/90-14 is the one most use for strictly street riding.  Conti Scoot in the same size if you are lucky enough to find one.

Edited by Rollin-on-1
Correction, 80/90-14. 2.75-14 would be for the dual sport tires.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, alex5454 said:

hello guys, do you recommend a road tire for sherman S .. an alternative I don't want to put the hidenau K66 something like this ?

I still really like my Michelin Pilot Street 2 (80/90-14) after 6500km's of use. I've had it on the wheel since new and it's been really great. It grips well on asphalt, the handling is excellent,  and it rolls silent which I prefer compared to the Kenda 262. I like the tire so much I bought an extra one to replace the original when it wears out.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Sherm-S has the wide rim, so K66 is not very fun (forces you upright).

Aaargh! Thats made me nervous, I've just ordered one in 80/90 for my EX30. It seems odd you say that, lots of people like the Michelins on wider rims and the Michelins don't seem much 'pointier' in profile to the K66. Oh well I can't return it now so will have to give it a go :unsure:

• Sad 1