Please help analyze data

versus

At the end of this log I experienced a pedal tilt back with wheel gradually stopping as if I had exhausted the battery. Wheel refused to ride. Battery was at 82 percent. After shutting down couple of times I was able to get back home with app not showing any error now. I had a red icon on the display at the time and one of the batteries was showing error.  Do you see what's is the problem from the log. Battery was somehow at too high a level according to the route covered.

EUC data 2023-08-23 221706.csv

To analyze just upload attached file to http://wheellogviewer.net/

Edited by versus

On 8/24/2023 at 12:45 AM, versus said:

I had a red icon on the display at the time and one of the batteries was showing error.

Normally EUC World logs errors and also safety margin (100% - pwm reported from wheel). But not in your logs?

You have some old or very new firmware so it's not 100% supported? Or does the V12 firmware not report these data anymore?

Otherwise it could have been some overtemp? The temp values went quite high until the time of your incident. But afair Inmotion wheels measure heatsink temperature and react with overtemp alarm triggered by this value. But heatsink temperature is not logged either by EUC World for your wheel....

On 8/24/2023 at 12:45 AM, versus said:

After shutting down couple of times I was able to get back home with app not showing any error now. I had a red icon on the display at the time and one of the batteries was showing error.

I assume you did not look at the inmotion app at the time the batteries showed an error? As there is "nothing" in the logs it's hard to guess something otherwise...

Look like termal/temperature tiltback how is you riding weight?

You ride into incline?

Two soultions:

1.Stop ride that agresive on V12

2. buy more powerfull EUC

5 hours ago, Chriull said:

Normally EUC World logs errors and also safety margin (100% - pwm reported from wheel). But not in your logs?

Is it that V12 generally doesn't report errors or safety margins or mine doesn't?. Dont know? Firmware never changed since I bought it (roughly a year old)

Otherwise it could have been some overtemp? The temp values went quite high until the time of your incident. But afair Inmotion wheels measure heatsink temperature and react with overtemp alarm triggered by this value. But heatsink temperature is not logged either by EUC World for your wheel....

It is hardly overtemp snce I have logs with higher temperatures the rides of which finished normally .See the log of day before and day after. We had a heatwave these days but this is certainly not a first night I rode in these conditions. I've set temperature alarm to 75 degrees in EUC World and  even if it goes off the wheel doesn't tiltback.

I assume you did not look at the inmotion app at the time the batteries showed an error? As there is "nothing" in the logs it's hard to guess something otherwise...

Forgot to check what exact verbose for the error was in Inmotion app, but several times in other instances EUC world reported "volatage too high" :Since there were no warnings on the wheel LCD I thought it might have been miscomunication. Could be that it was the same error but displayed on the V12 LCD this time. There was not text beside red exclamation mark or something.

Went for a ride the day after : same route - same conditions..maybe a tad bit less agressive ...al ok. Find that log enclosed also. These two logs uneventful...normal terminatiuon.

Have made 6K Km. This never happened before.

EUC data 2023-08-21 222229.csv EUC data 2023-08-24 213338.csv

My personal experience with V10F is sometime termal trottling trigger depends on how fast temperature rising. 

Maybee when braking you recuperate too  many Amps and this triger tiltback just speculation. = This can triger high voltage warnings.

Edited by DjPanJan

8 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

My personal experience with V10F is sometime termal trottling trigger depends on how fast temperature rising. 

This would be the most favorable reason. Since I ride quite frequently and no so slow (but geared) I always fear cutouts. If nothing is wrong with the wheel and this was one time occurance due to extreme conditions i dont mind these happening at all. But there is always a fear if this could be an overture to something that could trigger flat cutout.

That's why i am checking with you. And riding next evening also:)

Edited by versus
  • Like 1

Avoid the problem by not braking hard if you're above a certain battery percentage.

Also if your pack is unbalanced you should try to balance it. Leave it on the charger at full charge for a couple of hours. Check the voltage/percentage in Eucworld. It should be near 84.0v and at 100%.

If you partially charge for a long time, an overvoltage situation can occur on a few cell groups when braking.

On 8/25/2023 at 4:44 PM, versus said:

It is hardly overtemp snce I have logs with higher temperatures the rides of which finished normally

As written overtemp alarm is likely triggered by heatsink temperature which can rise much faster and higher than the logged and shown motherboard/compartment/motor temperature.

On 8/23/2023 at 6:45 PM, versus said:

At the end of this log I experienced a pedal tilt back
After shutting down couple of times I was able to get back home with app not showing any error now.
I had a red icon on the display at the time and one of the batteries was showing error

On 8/25/2023 at 10:44 AM, versus said:

We had a heatwave these days but this is certainly not a first night I rode in these conditions.

Voltage was normal (95V). 
Speed was normal (30kph).
Controller temperature was rising sharply near the end of the log, likely due to the higher current shown there. Max value was 68°C, high but not alarming. 

Battery errors are not expected in this situation.
Either it was a high temperature in the battery (those sensor temperatures are not reported to the smartphone); or a BMS fault. 

Was the EUC stored outdoors on a hot day? 
Motor temperature was 38°C the moment the log started... that's not an indoor temperature.
If the battery pack started at 38°C before riding, I think cell temperature rise above 60°C is very plausible. The cells have almost no cooling features, and they release heat during use. 

Put on all your safety gear and go ride aggressively after storing the EUC < 26°C for 24hr, and try to reproduce it.