EUC Swap Association

woke rider

I don't know if anybody has thought of this, but most of us have more than one EUC around the house. I was thinking how cool it would be to be able to try out EUC's without actually having to purchase them, plus an EUC that has been broken in seems a lot safer than a new one that may have faults. I wonder if we could create a swap where we could put up a group buy or a deposit or combination thereof to try before we buy. Is there any interest?

• Like 1

So, for example, like 5 of us could put up money to buy an S16 or an inmotion adventure. Then we each get to try it out and break it in, like we each get to ride it for 100 Kilometers. Finally, if anybody wants to pay it off then they buy it, otherwise it just stays with the last person until somebody else wants to put up $500 to join the Swap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robse said:

who pays for the crashes?

I'm not sure. And I'm unsure about how to collect a refund for a manufacturer defect or design flaw. I don't crash anymore, but if I did or somebody else who was a proficient rider, then there would have to be a way to compensate. Also, we would have to use the EUC world log to prove wheel failures. Trust is an issue. Maybe start an escrow account for the trust factor, and the putting of a personal wheel into circulation for the crash factor? I think once a wheel gets around 300 km on it and positive evaluations from experienced riders somebody new would want to pay off the wheel because they would know that there isn't anything wrong with it. We definitely need to exhaustively discuss and decide on all the variables and situations that could arise. I believe that most wheels that are error free will sell fast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robse said:

who pays for the crashes?

Maybe there can be an account that the group regularly contributes to for the purpose of covering repairs and upkeep. Or, the last time I was at AR/PEV Works in SF I noticed that a State Farm guy had left his cards on the counter. The receptionist stated that the agent was indeed writing policies for PEVs, though I have not been able to validate this.

• Like 1

My main worry about that sort of arrangement is that there is so much scope / opportunity for resentment / disagreement to occur. You kind of need everyone involved to agree about everything all the time, and we all know that's how humans work - not ! And what if more than 1 person wants to keep the wheel they have tried ? And what if there is a catastrophic irreparable crash or even fire, that could be a rider's fault or was unavoidable - who decides which is which and what kind of person could just accept that sort of loss ? I admire the idea / thinking, but it's a bit of a minefield I reckon...

And on top of all that, some poor bastard's got to do all the admin - manging conversations, contracts, deliveries, which could quickly become a tiresome lodestone round anyone's neck...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

My main worry about that sort of arrangement is that there is so much scope / opportunity for resentment / disagreement to occur. You kind of need everyone involved to agree about everything all the time, and we all know that's how humans work - not ! And what if more than 1 person wants to keep the wheel they have tried ? And what if there is a catastrophic irreparable crash or even fire, that could be a rider's fault or was unavoidable - who decides which is which and what kind of person could just accept that sort of loss ? I admire the idea / thinking, but it's a bit of a minefield I reckon...

And on top of all that, some poor bastard's got to do all the admin - manging conversations, contracts, deliveries, which could quickly become a tiresome lodestone round anyone's neck...

Smart contracts?

Deposits?

I propose we create our own blockchain and global cryptocurrency for this purpose, and maybe others down the road.

Volunteers would be paid in crypto. 

The organization would be a not-for-profit formed in each country.

We could create our own app for managing transactions.

Logistics would be handled between the two parties and written into the smart contract.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1