I just sank my 16X, hence question... R.I.P.?

andon

4 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Very cloudy? I mean the camera has a light and it can be moved up close to the bottom. Maybe it'll pick up something.

Also, the wheel migjt be heavy outside the water, but in the water you don't really need to lift its full weight to get it up to the surface.

Area where it has to rest is not large, as it is close-by to a sort of dam. But - at least on something already - I've decided not to touch it by myself, at least for now, b4 I collect enough info.

@andon  If its more than 2 metres deep I would not even attempt to dive in to touch or put something on it unless you are very fit, an amazing cold water swimmer and are very tall and could feel it with your feet. It would be very hard to do if you haven't dived from the surface before and very easy to drown trying.

I think the easiest solution is to leave it. If you must try; hook something on it from the surface using a rope or stick or last resort use the professionals as mentioned above.

Once taken out I would probably put it in another container of water (totally submerged) so that I could either transport manually to somewhere close or so I could deal with it.

*Not sure I would do it this way now. I don't like the idea of dealing with water and electricity at the same time.

Put it on grass verge away from people and property and monitor how it behaves. Remove using wheelbarrow or trolly so that you aren't too close.

Ultimately I would keep it outside in the back garden and remove batteries once its dried out? very gingerly wearing safety shoes, glasses, and rubber gloves?

Always a risk either way. 

Edited by The Brahan Seer
*re think
  • Thanks 1

I rehabbed a waterlogged 16x- 

IN retrospect I would advise against re-use of a water logged machine. Risk is too high of eventual melt-down. It is difficult to assess where corrosion will invisibly make the machine a ticking time-bomb. I think the batts will be discharged by the time you fish the machine out... Then bring the batts to a batt disposal facility... 

• Like 1