EUC world bluetooth 'unknown devices' bug?

I've been using EUC world for a few years now. And lately I noticed some strange behavior on the bluetooth device scanning.  I'm not sure if its a bug in the latest revision or what.  

When I want to change wheels to connect, and the bluetooth selection page is open, I get a whole bunch of 'unknown devices'.  Like 20-50! It makes it really hard to scroll through and find my wheel.  

At first I thought it was because there's lots of random bt devices in my complex, but this still happens mid-ride when I'm in the middle of nowhere on a trail.  

When I search for bluetooth devices on my phone > settings, I don't see any of the 'unkown' devices.  Only my watch, headphones, normal devices, etc.

Has anyone else experienced this with EUC world?  The strangest part is that it happens even in the middle of nowhere on a trail.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Murdomeek said:

thanks!
Still stumps me on what all these random unknown devices are...

My guess is that it is a phone service module issue. The Bluetooth service is probably remembering everything it encounters and then presents that even if it isn't currently available.

4 hours ago, eezo said:

This is helpful, but when you have 16+ BLE smart lightbulbs in your house, it's still tedious. :crying:

Thanks, another reason why I have no interest in smart devices in my home. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Roadpower said:

Thanks, another reason why I have no interest in smart devices in my home. :ph34r:

I had no desire for them either. Then I whim bought full RGB LED lightbulbs with voice control through Google Home and the convenience and fun color options absolutely hooked me.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2023 at 10:00 PM, Murdomeek said:

thanks!
Still stumps me on what all these random unknown devices are...

In most cases these are so-called BLE beacons. As they are used mostly for determining location, they don't expose device names. Also, they don't have to be a separate devices; BLE beacon functionality is usually built into many other devices - smartphones, laptops, smart TVs, headphones, IoT devices etc. This is why there are almost always some BLE devices nearby. By default, "Scan for known BLE devices only" is enabled, as all wheels expose their devcice names over BLE.

• Like 2