Best and safe battery maintenance/care/charging practices

mrelwood

3 hours ago, teoman said:

I was not intending for trickle charging like with Lead acid cells, my intentions are to give the balancing resistors time to do their job. (I noted the 24H and am very appreciative for the calculation). 

Btw: here 

and the following posts is a real world experience of such a case documented. With a bms showing single cell voltages so one can see whats happening.

Yes, by 0, I intended on measuring the charging current or power after several hours of charging and using that as the base line. (1.6W as indicated previously in this thread, measured using the same equipment I have). 

Afair EUC World has something about 30W as charge finish threshold. Corresponds (often?) about once the green led of the charger starts. (And has an option for plus one hour)

So would it be better to implement my setup to charge fully once I get home and cutoff once the power goes back to baseline OR is there any value in timing my charging end time to coincide with the next use of the wheel?

If the cells are nicely balanced you can ride immediately after charging - maybe some small rest in case cells warmed up by (some faster) charging.

If not it could take up to this 24h for balancing (bleeding) to finish. Without single cell monitoring one does not know. Some (a few) hours waiting won't hurt.

• Like 2