Can't Unlock My Wheel

410wheel

Hello,

I purchased a ninebot one z10 used. It needed a  new tire. I ordered a new tire from Aliexpress and replaced it. I reassembled the wheel and rode it a few times that day. Later, I downloaded the ninebot app from the android store. The app worked fine and I was able to control my wheel using the app. I then installed the EUC World app and connected it to my wheel because I was trying to get the AVAS sound effects. Shortly after using the app my wheel locked and now I can't unlock it or ride it.  Both apps now say that the wheel is bound by another user and I'm a non owner connected to the wheel. I contacted the person I purchased used from and he gave me his login for the ninebot app and it still gives the same error message. I don't think he's able to contact the person that he bought the used wheel from now. None of this happened until I connected the EUC World app. Now, have a perfectly rideable wheel that I can't use. I even called Segway. They didn't have any solution. Is there any way that I can resolve this issue and be able to ride the wheel again? What happened? If Segway doesn't produce these unicycles anymore, why does it still matter who the original registered owner is? Is there a way to override the lock? Please help. 

Thanks 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2023 at 9:53 PM, 410wheel said:

Both apps now say that the wheel is bound by another user and I'm a non owner connected to the wheel.

For sure EUC World doesn't show such an information.

On 6/24/2023 at 9:53 PM, 410wheel said:

None of this happened until I connected the EUC World app. Now, have a perfectly rideable wheel that I can't use. I even called Segway. They didn't have any solution. Is there any way that I can resolve this issue and be able to ride the wheel again? What happened? If Segway doesn't produce these unicycles anymore, why does it still matter who the original registered owner is? Is there a way to override the lock? Please help.

By just connecting EUC World it's rather impossible to lock the wheel, of course if it's operating normally. It's possible that there's a problem with a motherboard, but it's beyond of my knowledge about Z10. Anyway, I never got any reports of EUC World locking Z10s just by connecting to it. Of course you can intentionally lock the wheel from the "Wheel" menu, but you should be also able to unlock it later. EUC World, being an independent app, doesn't lock wheels by itself, whatever the reason would be. Period.

But it's possible that Ninebot app has locked your wheel. We all know stories about manufacturer apps locking wheels for various reasons. For example King Song app locks the wheels that has been manufactured for Chinese market, but sold outside of China. Another example is Inmotion app that sometimes lock wheels to force users to upgrade firmware. And in general you don't have to start the app. Depending on Android version and its configuration, it's possible that app will start itself and perform certain tasks in the background. Including connecting with your wheel, communicating with it and also with manufacturer servers.

You've sent an issue report that shows that the wheel connects fine. I can however try to take a deeper look into your issue. Please connect with your wheel, try to rotate the tire and verify if the wheel make any alarm sounds when you do this (let me know if it does or not), then send me issue report once again. Also please take a look into the "Wheel" menu and verify if the "Lock" is turned off.

• Like 1

Hi @410wheeland welcome. I'm sorry that you are having to trouble with your Ninebot One Z10. I know of 2 things you can try. You could reset your wheel. Or, if that doesn't work then you could use @MRN76firmware because when I used it I noticed it reset me to a new owner. I don't think his tool is actually for this, but the firmware works great. https://mrn76.ru/en/kontakty/ follow these procedures for resetting your Z1099430263_resetninebot.png.1b8df7a288e869aa01a40952ecdfe362.png

Edited by earthtwin
resetting procedures

Also, I don't consider the Z10 to be inactive because the instructions I provided actually came from Ninebot a couple of months ago and ninebot has the Z10 on it's website here: https://eu-en.segway.com/products/ninebot-by-segway-z10

People are always hating on the Z10, it's not right.

I can still use use the Ninebot app even after the firmware upgrade, the Ninebot app says my top speed of 56km/hr is unlocked. I can use EUC world with my Z10 as well. Seba's didn't lock me out. I like EUC World. It's possible that the original owner did report his Z10 as stolen, but Ninebot should have told you that you have stolen property when you called.

Edited by earthtwin
more comments

I left the wheel on overnight with 50% battery. The battery died the next day. I plugged the charger in and the light on the charger was red. I saw it green and unplugged it. Now the wheel won't power on at all.

On 6/27/2023 at 9:14 AM, earthtwin said:

Hi @410wheeland welcome. I'm sorry that you are having to trouble with your Ninebot One Z10. I know of 2 things you can try. You could reset your wheel. Or, if that doesn't work then you could use @MRN76firmware because when I used it I noticed it reset me to a new owner. I don't think his tool is actually for this, but the firmware works great. https://mrn76.ru/en/kontakty/ follow these procedures for resetting your Z1099430263_resetninebot.png.1b8df7a288e869aa01a40952ecdfe362.png

When I turn the wheel on,  it beeps once then the battery indicator shows hollow battery.  Both apps now show 100% battery. Neither app allows me to unlock the wheel. Is there any other way to unlock or reset it?

Just now, 410wheel said:

When I turn the wheel on,  it beeps once then the battery indicator shows hollow battery.  Both apps now show 100% battery. Neither app allows me to unlock the wheel. Is there any other way to unlock or reset it?

The wheel doesn't power on. It just shows a blank battery indicator and blinking Bluetooth symbol. 

You mentioned in another thread that you crossed some red and black wires when replacing the tire. It sounded like a very relevant event when considering this issue.

If the wires you crossed were from the battery, you may have damaged the mainboard. Just a hunch, as a result it might not be able to register the battery voltage correctly.

• Like 2

The voltage and battery percentage shows up normally. I just can't fully power on the wheel to ride it. It beeps once when I press the power button and then displays a blank battery indicator. I get lights on the board but I can't unlock the wheel with any app. I probably damaged something but even when the wires were reversed I could still ride it. After I spammed the power button a few times it just started acting like this.