What's the best way to cool down a hot unicycle?

After gunning my RS 19 at full speed in the blistering New Orleans heat for an hour, should I leave the wheel running and let the fans do their job, or completely turn it off?

Also, is it dangerous to ride hot? Do they cause cutoffs?

Edited by Vam Monaco

Just being powered on and balancing creates a certain amount of heat on it’s own. I’d turn it off.

Inmotion’s and KingSong have temperature limits at which they play warnings and tilt-back the rider to stop. I’m not sure if Begode has implemented such fun limiting features…

What did the temperature sensors say?

On 6/18/2023 at 11:57 PM, Vam Monaco said:

After gunning my RS 19 at full speed in the blister in New Orleans heat for an hour, should I leave the wheel running and let the fans do their job, or completely turn it off?

Also, is it dangerous to ride hot? Do they cause cutoffs?

turn it off, temp will go down faster

On 6/19/2023 at 12:16 AM, mrelwood said:

Just being powered on and balancing creates a certain amount of heat on it’s own. I’d turn it off.

Inmotion’s and KingSong have temperature limits at which they play warnings and tilt-back the rider to stop. I’m not sure if Begode has implemented such fun limiting features…

What did the temperature sensors say?

if you reach temp limit (around 75°C ) it will beep and tilt-back

• Upvote 2

On 6/18/2023 at 10:57 PM, Vam Monaco said:

should I leave the wheel running and let the fans do their job, or completely turn it off?

I would turn it off, or at least use the spin kill switch so it can rest and cool down without balancing but without disrupting connection to any tour recording you may be doing...

Edited by Cerbera

Slow riding with airflow coling faster compared to just let fan work(real tested with myEUCs).

Turn off is good specialy if motor is overheated.