Tips/Tricks to go Faster

Kakes11

Could anyone give tips/tricks on how to go faster?

On smooth roads I can get up to 25mph/40kmh quickly and effortlessly. 25mph/40kmh to 29mph/46kmh with a little effort. As of now every mph after 29mph is difficult to reach. 

• Like 1

- A softer riding mode (med/soft) can help

- Tilting the pedals forward in the settings can help (I like 2 degrees forward)

- Sitting reduces wind resistance

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've never gone 29 mph, but my tip, for what it's  worth is to learn to be ambidextrous with your feet and legs and alternate dominate feet as you accelerate. That's how I learned to get above 14 mph on my Z10. But you have a Sherman!

• Like 1

At these speeds it's a purely psychological barrier the wind resistance is very low, no boasting but I reached 35mph without difficulty my 1st day on an euc, from 40/45mph onwards aerodynamics become important
Euc is very basic, so if it doesn't accelerate it means you're no longer leaning just lean more:lol:

• Like 2

On my last ride I hit 38mph/61kmh and I believe I hit that speed at the end of my ride. I think it was due to me focusing on leaning my arms forward more. I still am in hard mode and will soon test out medium mode. 

Could anyone give feedback or more detail:

Do spiked pedals help get more leverage to go faster?

I see Chooch presses hard on the right side of his power pad and uses it as the "gas"

U-Stride looks like he goes on the balls of one of his feet and leaves the other flat. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, earthtwin said:

38mph is scary fast! What did it feel like?

It felt really fun lol I noticed the wind more.

Currently: 

At 20mph/32kph- I feel like I'm finally moving

At 25mph/40kph- I feel like I'm starting to ride

At 29mph/46kph- I feel like I start to smile

Over 30mph/48kph- I feel like ok we're cruising I'm in the fun zone

My frustrations are when I'm not on smooth roads that have cracks, patches, divots and pot holes, I get smacked around and can't get and keep momentum. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kakes11 said:

Do spiked pedals help get more leverage to go faster?

Leverage, no. Confidence, yes.

5 hours ago, Kakes11 said:

I see Chooch presses hard on the right side of his power pad and uses it as the "gas"

U-Stride looks like he goes on the balls of one of his feet and leaves the other flat.

These are unique riding features they have come up with for their own reasons. Don’t try to imitate such things. If you’ll later need to do something like that, you’ll know and it will come.

At this point of journey, it would be very important that you’d practice emergency braking as well at the max speeds you ride. If you have trouble stopping stably and within a reasonable distance, you are riding faster than you have the skills for.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Leverage, no. Confidence, yes.

Good to know, I will put spiked pedals on my list.

30 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

These are unique riding features they have come up with for their own reasons. Don’t try to imitate such things. If you’ll later need to do something like that, you’ll know and it will come.

That's good advice thanks. I will see what kind of uniqueness if any emerges from my own riding experience.

32 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

At this point of journey, it would be very important that you’d practice emergency braking as well at the max speeds you ride. If you have trouble stopping stably and within a reasonable distance, you are riding faster than you have the skills for.

I'll practice that!

• Like 1

I have been practicing my emergency breaking during my warm ups the past couple times I've gone out. Also the past couple times I've gone out I (coincidentally) hit max speed of 39.8mph/64kph. Next I'm going to move and angle my front pad forward and set up my PWM in the DarknessBot app. I'm going to set up my PWM on my app because normally I am playing music I would like to hear beeps. During my last ride I was going about 33mph/53kph and hit/jumped a bump and I heard my wheel beep for the first time :efef50e3ba: