Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

54 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Inmotion made a claim that their V14 slides are motorcycle grade.

We have to wait and see as to how well the V14 sliders actually work.

My hunch is that it will most likely work better than the Begode's sliders.

it doesnt matter what grade are your sliders if pedals hang on 2 screwheads

4 hours ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

Ahh. It doesn't sound like you have ever taken out a pedal rod on a V12 then.

The V12 has a unique and superior pedal hinge system design.

The pedal rod is metal and an interference fit in the pedal bore that is lined with a tough and durable rubber lining. Hence, no grub screws are required. The other benefits is that no moisture or salt solution can get in. The pedal metal rod stays basically mint the whole time in the pedal bore. Basically, no wear and no corrosion. The one set screw is for adjusting the tightness of the pedal rod down inside the pedal hangar bore.

The V14 looks to have a similar pedal hinge system design as the V12.

Edited by techyiam

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Ahh. It doesn't sound like you have ever taken out a pedal rod on a V12 then.

The V12 has a unique and superior pedal hinge system design.

The pedal rod is metal and an interference fit in the pedal bore that is lined with a tough and durable rubber lining. Hence, no grub screws are required. The other benefits is that no moisture or salt solution can get it. The pedal metal stays mint the whole time in the pedal bore. Basically, no wear and no corrosion. The one set screw is for locking the pedal rod down so it doesn't move in the pedal hangar bore.

The V14 looks to have the same pedal hinge system design as the V12.

omg go and have a sleep fanboy, you are so lazy and arrogant that even didnt compare factsimage.thumb.png.1e9fb38b654ae22b3a717b15f1664837.png

On 12/11/2023 at 2:36 PM, ORDO NOVUS said:

omg go and have a sleep fanboy, you are so lazy and arrogant that even didnt compare facts

Obviously you don't have a technical background.

I'm surprised. Other than what you have been demonstrating, the work and videos of Russians have been impressive. You are a complete 180 degrees.

First of all, the pedals are hinged to the pedal hangar.

What you were meaning to say refers to the pedal hangar. But you also got that wrong.

Noticed how the pedal hangar is clamped onto the stanchion. The hole in the stanchion is not main load bearing.

Inmotion got it right.

Timestamped.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Actually ......it's 4

Depending on design, the clamp may only need one pinch bolt.

Structural support is not provided by the pinch bolt. The bolt applies clamping pressure, not to support the actual load.

p4pb17668988.jpg

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Structural support is not provided by the pinch bolt. The bolt applies clamping pressure,

Agreed and the v14 also has a backup, there is a raised area on the back side of the clamp that indexes into the hole on the stanchion tube to keep it from twisting as well as preventing a slip.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Agreed and the v14 also has a backup, there is a raised area on the back side of the clamp that indexes into the hole on the stanchion tube to keep it from twisting as well as preventing a slip.

It makes a good safe guard. Imagine if a pedal hangar slips off the bottom of a stanchion when landing jumps or drops due to improper tightening, or abuse.

Inmotion did good here.

• Upvote 2

On 12/11/2023 at 1:22 PM, ORDO NOVUS said:

depends on the size of the bolts...

and there are 4 per, not two.

----------------------------------------------

also: @techyiam, i think @ORDO NOVUS is (way too aggressively :D) talking about the pedal hanger attachment to the body plates, rather than the pedal attachment to the pedal hangers.

if that helps?

Edited by UPONIT

10 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

also: @techyiam, i think @ORDO NOVUS is (way too aggressively :D) talking about the pedal hanger attachment to the body plates, rather than the pedal attachment to the pedal hangers.

On 12/11/2023 at 2:58 PM, techyiam said:

First of all, the pedals are hinged to the pedal hangar.

What you were meaning to say refers to the pedal hangar. But you also got that wrong.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, techyiam said:

you took the bait. Do you understand that if you suppose that pedal hangar screwheads are not structural, then the only thing that holds all the pedal construction is the plastic of battery covers :D

all raider weight presumably stay on one of two things: screwheads that are inside pipe and plastic battery caps - what solution is worser for drops on these truuuly offroad piece of ill mind

Edited by ORDO NOVUS

1 minute ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

you took the bait. Do you understand that if you suppose that pedal hangar screwheads are not structural, then the only thing that holds all the pedal construction is the plastic of battery covers :D

There is no sense to continue since you don't have a technical background. And is plainly to see. And it is not because of a language barrier either.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

There is no sense to continue since you don't have a technical background. And is plainly to see. And it is not because of a language barrier either.

i see you are unable to accept that inmotion gives no duck that your pedals stay on 4 plastic pieces

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

i see you are unable to accept that inmotion gives no duck that your pedals stay on 4 plastic pieces

What is the materiel of battery package case of V14? I thought it was made of metal.

IMG_0183.jpeg.845de47375abcde6cf5c677dd26a5b81.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hellkitten said:

Ride one is doing a tear down. They’re posting a video soon. 

did they also do the 'classic' i-wanna-be-a-supreme-jackass-weaving-in-and-out-of-traffic ride video with the V14 as well ?  or its just the dry technical tear down of the V14.  that should be interesting.  hopefully,  it will either reinforce or dispel alot of what is being written and speculated on currently...  i just hope they didnt receive a V14 in the same condition that Marty Backe received... that would be death to all future sales if the same thing happened to the rideone crew on the V14.

13 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Those aren't the pedal hangers though. Those are just there to secure the battery box...

i understand that it is hard for peopple to accept but, can you name weakest construction element in this list between pedal and upper chasis part? :D 

1)top battery case cap - plastic

2)battery case - metal

3)bottom battery case cap - plastic

4) battery attachment plate with screw cap that is inserted in pipe - metal

5) pedal attached to battery attachment plate - metal

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, bpong said:

did they also do the 'classic' i-wanna-be-a-supreme-jackass-weaving-in-and-out-of-traffic ride video with the V14 as well ?  or its just the dry technical tear down of the V14.  that should be interesting.  hopefully,  it will either reinforce or dispel alot of what is being written and speculated on currently...  i just hope they didnt receive a V14 in the same condition that Marty Backe received... that would be death to all future sales if the same thing happened to the rideone crew on the V14.

They’re doing a riding review and tear down vids. 

2 hours ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

Since you care sooo very much, why not spend your energy on something else?

By now a smart person would realise that that some users on this forum look I to things and are not as easy to push over as the winds blows. And that no matter what opinion a rider have it is their choice to make that whatever they choose. 

For the most of current videos put now of the V14 are done by die hard GW/Begode riders. This is very easy to see by the way the use GW/Begode models as baseline in comparison. 

Just a way I view these "reviews" is that once you have a title of a review but speak more of other models in the video, it starts to loose my attention. So does the very hostile posting you do continue to make here @ORDO NOVUS. To me this comes across as (borderline) trolling. If this isn't your intention fair enough but continuing post like you have done that is just making your post less interesting to spend time on. One way to deal with that is the ignore function. On which you are a very strong candidate to make it on this list for my part. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

but continuing post like you have done that is just making your post less interesting to spend time on

I disagree, i feel his/her posts are direct evidence that he/she doesn't really know what they are talking about and profoundly displays their lack of mechanical knowledge so it's been rather amusing to read as well as I'm a little embarrassed for them. So it sparks a whole range of emotions....:D:D:D

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

i understand that it is hard for peopple to accept but, can you name weakest construction element in this list between pedal and upper chasis part? :D 

1)top battery case cap - plastic

2)battery case - metal

3)bottom battery case cap - plastic

4) battery attachment plate with screw cap that is inserted in pipe - metal

5) pedal attached to battery attachment plate - metal

as long as the box itself is metal, which is the place that will most likely take impact on an EUC other than the front of the unit or the back, who cares what the "top" or "bottom" caps are made of? You will probably decry the use of rubber for gasket waterproofing next...

• Upvote 1