which city (in the world) has the most euc riders per population ?

bpong

its a difficult question to answer.  since eucs are made mainly in the far east (china, thailand, etc,...),  will this mean that the most euc riders globally,  are found in the far east ? 

• Upvote 1

I don't know if we ever will know unless there is some kind of official survey. Who can do an official survey and how to reach out to all EUC riders will be a challenge. However, I have a suggestion. Let's start a survey from this forum. The administrator of this site should have some current stats on the population here from different parts of the world, the users of this site.  To expand, the administrator of this site can create a survey, spread the news and have most, if not all, to sign up/in at this site.  To administrator: Can this be done? We might never get everyone out there. But we'll be one step closer to the answer!

Edited by Scubadragonsan
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scubadragonsan said:

I don't know if we ever will know unless there is some kind of official survey. Who can do an official survey and how to reach out to all EUC riders will be a challenge. However, I have a suggestion. Let's start a survey from this forum. The administrator of this site should have some current stats on the population here from different parts of the world, the users of this site.  To expand, the administrator of this site can create a survey, spread the news and have most, if not all, to sign up/in at this site.  To administrator: Can this be done?

great idea Scubadragonsan !!! Well EUC forum admin,  can something be put together ad-hoc to at least give a rough estimate on any cities world wide euc rider count ?  perhaps allow readers of the forum to add their vote per city to aid in tallying the results ?   i wonder if vendors can participate and add their numbers if they have any input into this question...?

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have counted in the order of a thousand EUCs passing me in Paris (over many months) and counted that to be about 1.5% of the individual lightweight traffic. The number of daily cycling trips in Paris is in the ballpark of 200,000 (and in Paris region 800,000), which would translate to 3000 EUC trips each day (or 12,000 in Paris region).

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

mono,

considering that the population of Paris is around 2mil or abit more,  your number sounds about right.  man, that must be one beautiful city to ride any PEV in.  and of course, the food and culture.....  someone should start a topic on food and culture for any city,  and tie it into riding euc's as well.

thank you for your post !

bp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 4:29 PM, bpong said:

EUC forum admin,  can something be put together ad-hoc to at least give a rough estimate on any cities world wide euc rider count

Eh, I don't see how it could be statistically relevant.

• The metric needs definition: what constitutes a "rider"... at least one mile ridden per year... is ownership required...
  • euc.org is an english-language forum, with low participation from many regions of the world. 
  • Even within the english-speaking world, only a small percentage of EUC people are registered users of the forum. 

The only parties that really know about global volumes are the factories.
If they make reports to investors, or have public financial filings showing revenue, it would provide a basis for total global volume. Then break it up into regions. It's hard work. 

On 4/22/2023 at 9:47 PM, bpong said:

which city (in the world) has the most euc riders per population ?

Why does it matter? 
(Honest question; all topics deserve context.)