EUC world Smartwatch support - Setup/How TO and Benefits?

I have loved EUC world, however with the limited development 'team' involved I can understand the limited documentation and such.  However, I just got a smartwatch specifically to use while riding and I am struggling.

Even though EUC world lists 'supported watches' I found zero sites that seem to allow you to narrow out what watches do or don't work, other than the super expensive google specific products and such.  So when it comes to the moderate and cheap ones... it seems you are in the dark.  So, based on a random guy online claiming that he bought one and it worked fine I bought a 'no name' P66 watch from Amazon.

LINK for my purchase: P66 Popglory Smart Watch "P22 family generic devices"

Watch in hand, and 'Enabled' in EUC world... but I see nothing happening here.

Is there a process to setup the watch to work?

From what I find in some old posts, It seems like in the past there where apps that had to be installed ON the watch itself, but maybe that is no longer the case.  EUC world seems to be tied to a 'companion app' in some places I read, but I have not found any such app or way to install it either.

At this point I have a watch that connects to the phone through it's app, and it checks texts and controls music and such... And in EUC world I can 'enable' watch.. but it never shows connected nor any indication that there is anything going on here. 

Is this just not a compatible watch?  Is there an install process I am missing someplace?  I am kinda at a loss here, sadly.

Thanks for anyone who may know something about this...  not much to go on.

I spent about 3x as much on a clearance priced Garmin Instinct Esports watch hoping I could have a reliable GPS speed readout but sadly disappointed.  It has GPS capability but only seems able to pinpoint location on request after acquiring satellites - not able to give live speed readings as far as I can tell.

@Aaron P. I suspect you're mixing two things 
Eucworld which uses a companion app on a smartwatch running on Pebble, Wear OS, and soon Garmin connect 

EucWatch which allows you to get wheel data as a standalone on a cheap hacked watch like the P8 series and other models using the same chipset

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/18415-eucwatch-standalone-bandwatch/

Edited by Bizra6ot

Yeah, I was aware of the Pebble/Wear OS/etc being app bound... but thought it too many details in an already long post.

The watch I got was from a company selling the P22's, though this one had a larger screen and claimed more health features or something.  THey called it a P66... So I assumed it was simply the same chip set in a larger frame.  That may be incorrect however, unsure how to prove that.

I attempted the 'hack me' DaFlasher bootloader process... but can't seem to get it to work.  The instructions online also seem to be dated, since they don't quite match the app any longer.

Instructions: https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/tools/hackme/

When I download the DaFlasher app to android, from Google store, the 'select file' button is not an option on the interface.  With only one button, 'Do DFU Update' to use, I tried running it with file 1, file 2, with and without toggle BT, etc... but each path failed with some form of error.  All in all the process seems a bit unstable, and I expect that this specific watch simply isn't compatible either.

This basically went back to the concern I had with the EUC world FAQ about supported watches.  It lists some info, but I found no way to qualify any of the watches on the market to these specifications.  Short of the pebble, etc., which are way out of my price range.  Not to mention I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars on a watch that I know will end up scratched up and damaged from riding around with it. :\

At this point I may just be at a loss, unless someone like @enaon has a deep dark technical understanding on how to resolve this.  If not I guess I will try to get this watch a new home, and order the P22 instead.  :(

I personaly use Mobvoi TicWatch Pro (2018 model) Work amazing uptime is 2-5 hours depend on pulse rading on/Off and display brigitnes.

Using watch vibration for my speed and PWM alarm to prevent overlean/crash.

IMG_20190306_122836.jpg

Yeah, I saw those in my research...but most are 200+ USD... FAR FAR more than I can spend on this for sure.  That' why I hoped to find some cheap watch that simply does the minimal needed, I don't care about using the watch for anything but riding, so it's a 'nice to have' item only.

7 minutes ago, Stevebee said:

I use a Lemfo Lem T cost £96 from Aliexpress

It’s actually a watch , the strap has been removed in this use. EUC a world loads no problem and it’s a good sized screen

The Lemfo Lem T is excellent for displaying EUC World for sure. That is my V11 in the picture and the watch still works despite being in a 40km/h crash. I'll say that you shouldn't expect to run anything other than EUC World on it as it doesn't have enough computational power to run other apps (like Google Maps) without being extremely laggy. 10/10 can recommend.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2023 at 11:16 AM, Stevebee said:

Does anyone know what type watch this is? I  have the watch and would like to use Euc World App on it but without the information I'm really reluctant to do so. And can someone point me to the website where this task can be made a bit easier?

Oh, and one more thing. What name will show up in DaFlasher? I have it open now and am unable to tell which is the Lemfo Lem T watch.

I just realized this watch can also be a smartphone. So I just downloaded the Euc World App, installed it and I'm good to go. I won't be bricking this one.

Edited by Kitty
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/6/2023 at 3:16 PM, Stevebee said:

It’s actually a watch , the strap has been removed in this use. EUC a world loads no problem and it’s a good sized screen

image.jpeg.7d29a28f7e5bc6b1191e688b2797674b.jpeg

Good morning all right, how did you manage to leave the display of the EUC with the larger speedometer? 

• Like 1