question about V11 and riding continuously at top speed...

bpong

y'all;

im looking into purchasing the V11.  however, i dont know much about the V11's behavoir when one rides it at top speed continuously.  i have ridden my V8 (glide3) at its top speed (not too fast mind you) and all it did was continually tilt back abit.  it did not cut out.

as for the V11 owners out there,  the question is the following:

- what is the behavior of the V11 when you ride it continuously at its rated top speed ? (either 50kph or 55kph...)

does it tiltback continuously, and/or will it eventually cutoff the motor ?

thanx in advance...bpong

it will tilt back similar to the V8 by the sounds.

If you are pushing it continuously at those limits i’d say you are on the edge of cutout territory. I’d be gearing up well, an off at 55 can hurt quite a bit and smash a wheel pretty good. 

Edited by Forwardnbak

Forwardnbak,

Thnx for the reply.  Do you kno for fact it will eventually cutoff or its just an assumption ?  Btw, yes ive experienced face plants and crashes at 50kph and its not pleasant (im geared up too).

Hav a great riding season !!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bpong said:

Forwardnbak,

Thnx for the reply.  Do you kno for fact it will eventually cutoff or its just an assumption ?  Btw, yes ive experienced face plants and crashes at 50kph and its not pleasant (im geared up too).

Hav a great riding season !!!

Hey bpong, I don’t know for a fact.

educated guessing. 

I think if you are sitting at the edge of things that long things you are driving many things to their limits. 

I trust my V11 well but I don’t sit at 55 the whole way anymore, mostly i’m okay at 45 mostly. 

There are heaps of others with more tech advice that may offer more accurate info.

I just wanted someone to talk to. 

Roll safe!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The v11 will ride comfortably at 53-54 km/hr  and not tilt back. If you ride the tilt back in fancier mode you can hit 55/56 km/hr over and over but it's much nicer to just cruise at max speed 53/54. You know where that is because tilt back will remind you. Cutout shouldn't happen unless you force past the unmistakable tilt back. Obviously this speed changes as the battery depletes.

• Thanks 1

All Inmotion and KingSong wheels behave pretty much the same at the top speed. The tilt-back starts 1-2km/h before the max speed, and if you try to push through, the tilt-back gets steeper. It will not suddenly cutoff because of speed.

But more important than speed is burden. Surfing the tilt-back at 55km/h can be all swell at a steady pace, but if you fail to scan a bigger bump on the road, the burden can get high enough to overlean the wheel.

The available balancing power near top speed is only a fraction of what you have available at half of that speed. So you need to accelerate and brake gently. I’m sure most of us have read what happened on the V13 when the rider tried to accelerate to 90km/h “as fast as possible”.

Here’s an informative video on EUC overleans and cutouts:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If you're heavy or ride in hot/cold temperatures, or have many cycles on the packs, you might want to dial down your riding style to something less taxing on the wheel. 

It's not so simple as to just trust the tiltback. That you're first asking about it is a good sign. 

• Upvote 1