Cleaning and maintaining S22 sliders

Finn Bjerke

I love my s22 use it for daily commute, and I want it to live for a long time.  I have added metalsliders with bearings on em (from Myewheel) , also I have replaced a bolt that was too narrow (advice from Marty Backe) Now how do I keep the moving parts sliders in particular clean? So far the upgraded repaired s22 suspension  works very well indeed.  I friggin love it. 

How do I  keep it clean and functional for many years to come? 

I don’t know if it’ll work, but my plan is: water only in the slider channels, flush them out with a slow trickle, bounce them a lot while rinsing. The drawer slider wheels are shielded but not sealed, sprays might get past the shield and dissolve the bearing grease! If anything else needs lube, I’ll probably use dry silicone spray or boeshield 

Other than that, I’m going to check the max-min voltages of every cell and as long as they stay within 50 mV, I’ll stop charging at 90% for “routine” day, go to 100% plus balance time if it needs it or if the ride is expected to take me below 35%.

I’ll probably tear it apart every 500 miles or so just to see how it’s holding up.

Edited by Tawpie

I've been sliding a damp towel through the sections of the slider channels that aren't covered by the sliders already and that's seemed to stave off most stiction so far with printed sliders (which from a friend seems to be more prone to feeling a little sticky after some wet riding). May print out a roughly channel shaped cleaning block or ramrod to make this a little easier, and would definitely use that for when I take it back apart again for a motor swap + possibly CNC sliders.

Foam brush and silicon spray to clean out the exposed channels. I then add a straw to extend the nozzle of the silicon spray and hit the rubber guides directly and that usually cleans everything out and I am back to day one performance.