Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

34 minutes ago, dredwheel said:

paid off the remaining wheel balance.
got in on the first eWheels shipment.
it's time. 

Do you have a delivery date? 

My order date should have me in the first shipment of 28 units, but I haven't received an email to pay the balance yet.  Did you get one?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Do you have a delivery date? 

My order date should have me in the first shipment of 28 units, but I haven't received an email to pay the balance yet.  Did you get one?

the site went down yesterday. i emailed to ask about the expected email blast/payment link, and they just sent an invoice instead. i'm pretty sure you probably got your invoice by now too, since the site is back up. 

39 minutes ago, dredwheel said:

the site went down yesterday. i emailed to ask about the expected email blast/payment link, and they just sent an invoice instead. i'm pretty sure you probably got your invoice by now too, since the site is back up. 

I noticed their site had gone down too.  I haven't received an invoice yet, but it is still kind of early there.  I'll impatiently wait a little longer 😀😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I noticed their site had gone down too.  I haven't received an invoice yet, but it is still kind of early there.  I'll impatiently wait a little longer 😀😕

I too should be in the first batch.. I have not recieved my payment link yet either. 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I too should be in the first batch.. I have not recieved my payment link yet either. 

it's only 9AM out there. you're about to have a good day, i assume. #pattonbrotherhood

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dredwheel said:

it's only 9AM out there. you're about to have a good day, i assume. #pattonbrotherhood

And just as i read this i got the email. I am a bit bummed they all came with knobby tires. But i have never used a knobby so maybe its a chance to try something new. I can always change it out later on.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

And just as i read this i got the email. I am a bit bummed they all came with knobby tires. But i have never used a knobby so maybe its a chance to try something new. I can always change it out later on.

None of the first 28 have the H626 tire?  Any additional details?  I'm still awaiting an invoice.

Edited by Rollin-on-1

6 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

None of the first 28 have the H626 tire?  Any additional details?  I'm still awaiting an invoice?

They said if you want street tire or another suspension weight you have to wait until next shipment.

I just am impatient and not against trying something new. I also know sometimes china sends what china sends. 

It is already a bit annoying they take pre-orders and random setups show up at random times instead of going by pre-order date and what you selected. It should be what you select gets ordered, then shipped according to first come, first served.. Kind of like anything else. But i know with this, random crap happens.. And I know next shipment can wind up all knobby tires too. I know its unlikely, but i dont put it past anyone.

That being said. I know this is not ewheels fault. So i impatiently just decided to take the knobby

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

That being said. I know this is not ewheels fault. So i impatiently just decided to take the knobby

So I finally got the invoice...and it looks like I could have gotten a 66lb with a knobby.  It is tempting to follow your lead.  But, I am going to hold out the extra 7 - 10 days to get the street tire. 

Such an emotional roller coaster! 😵💫

2 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Just got the pads ewheels is giving with the patton. Wheel is coming early next week. 

The pads look pretty good. They seem like they will fit ok. I wont know until the wheel gets here, but they are pretty nice either way. 

I like the pads that they sent (A local rider posted a pic of his). I believe the pads were made for the Sherman S, but the big pad should make a good brake pad/heel block. I think I like this for Patton even better than the set specifically designed for the Patton.

I wish the stickers were available iina variety of colors, though.

Edited by Rollin-on-1

31 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I like the pads that they sent (A local rider posted a pic of his). I believe the pads were made for the Sherman S, but the big pad should make a good brake pad/heel block. I think I like this for Patton even better than the set specifically designed for the Patton.

I wish the stickers were available iina variety of colors, though.

The stickers are actually cool. You can't tell in pics, but they reflect different colors depending on the light. They are more reflecty than the blue you see in pics. Hard to explain in words.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dredwheel said:

fed ex says it comes tomorrow. we'll see. i'm hyped. really hoping it lives up to my expectations. 

Mine says Tuesday. Also pretty hyped up. Hopefully not going to be a first round disaster scenario.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 3:25 PM, dredwheel said:

fed ex says it comes tomorrow. we'll see. i'm hyped. really hoping it lives up to my expectations. 

Wondering if your arrived yesterday and what your thoughts are so far?

Fedex still has mine coming today, hopefully it shows up as weather is good for riding today here.. With rain coming tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Wondering if your arrived yesterday and what your thoughts are so far?

Fedex still has mine coming today, hopefully it shows up as weather is good for riding today here.. With rain coming tomorrow. 

It did NOT. This happens constantly. It was stuck at the facility. It's out for delivery today though. Between 11-3. Today we share a bond of homecoming.

1 minute ago, dredwheel said:

It did NOT. This happens constantly. It was stuck at the facility. It's out for delivery today though. Between 11-3. Today we share a bond of homecoming.

I don't have faith mine will be here today. It's not out for delivery yet! Usually that means no go!

It's OK just sucks weather will be not so good tonorrow

4 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I don't have faith mine will be here today. It's not out for delivery yet! Usually that means no go!

It's OK just sucks weather will be not so good tonorrow

I was meaning to ask, how are you going to set up your pads? I was thinking they were going to be the ones i see on videos, but these are the Sherm S ones.

1 minute ago, dredwheel said:

I was meaning to ask, how are you going to set up your pads? I was thinking they were going to be the ones i see on videos, but these are the Sherm S ones.

I honestly am not sure yet. I usually ride without pads for a few days, then figure it out. I thought about using them backwards. Smaller pad in front bigger pad for brake.. but will have to see.

May wind up just getting different pads or using none at all. Which is the setup I use for my v12. I just ditched the pads except for a foot lock.

• Like 1

In above Ronin video where two riders were given a Patton to test out on the streets of NYC, the latter rider made a remark that he didn't see much of a point of going to a larger wheel like the V13 because even with a 16" wheel, the suspension will take out most of the negative effects of hitting bumps and potholes. However, is the Patton stable enough for commuting in NYC street traffic at speeds that will keep up with cars? 

• Like 1