KS 18 clicking noise

tomylux

• 1 month later...

I just bought an s22 new and it clicked (the faster I go the louder and faster the clicking).  It clicks once per rotation at the same place every rotation. I know this because I am spinning the wheel while the unit is OFF and on its stand.  It clicks when the same sticker passes the peddle.  

I am not sure why more people are not commenting here - this is a super common video posted on YouTube with lots of commenters writing that they too have the same problem.  See this video for what I am talking about here.  https://youtu.be/watch?v=eWukR3aIwXE

I have taken mine back to the place where I bought it and they have taken it apart and changed the seals several times - pretty sure it is not the seals, because I can see them and they are not touching anything. 

• Like 1

I am not at all familiar with the S18 or S22 but on other wheels, a typical cause for such noise (once every revolution) is that the valve stem hits some non-rotating part of the wheel. Just in case you haven't ruled that out yet.

Just in case check your "valve stem" if it's not hitting it's rim hole - yes 1-2mm is enough space to make a clicking sound.

My wheel was making clicking sound when i was turning right (Valve stem came out right side.) Each time the part of tire, where the valve was would touch the ground, somehow it would bend little bit. And after the part where valve was leaves contact of ground - it would spring back into position making clicking sound.

I was searching for this clicking sound 2 weeks.. I dismantled whole wheel. Went even inside the motor. After all it was the dam VALVE STEM. :D To fix it - i simply put a heat shrink around valve stem. (Around the part that goes into rim hole..) Making it thicker - no more clicking sound. No more metal on metal contact.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mono said:

I am not at all familiar with the S18 or S22 but on other wheels, a typical cause for such noise (once every revolution) is that the valve stem hits some non-rotating part of the wheel. Just in case you haven't ruled that out yet.

In my case it wasn't hitting anything - aside its OWN rim hole. :facepalm: Dangling around the 1-2mm space. Who would have thought that 1-2mm space is enough, to make a clicking sound..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

The valve stem would make sense, and it was the first thing I looked at.   The store where I bought the wheel has had it apart two times and they can't seem to find the problem.  Top guesses are 'bearing problem' and 'loose magnet'.   I will be taking it in to them for the third time tomorrow.