Smaller wheels Part 2 (Split from: Begode T4 thread)

EMA

13 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It would be a Master with a smaller tire. Which isn't a bad idea! Big batteries shouldn't be exclusive to big tire wheels!

Voltage and battery size (both Wh and literal physical size) are connected. Having a 134V battery means either 2400Wh (like the Master) or some not very attractive compromises - having to use higher discharge cells which have less capacity but still need the same space and weigh the same as regular cells, dividing an uneven number of battery packs between the two sides of the wheel = complicates construction, smallish resulting battery capacity - which make it rather unlikely that Begode would build it imo.

exactly, who will ever buy a 1200wh wheel ?:popcorn:

20 minutes ago, EMA said:

Me - In instant heartbeat! And anyone who doesn't need range, but likes to have speed.

If they ever will make something smaller/lighter.. And drop the useless 134V to 100V. :D (Small wheels doesn't need 134V to be good.)

And don't start saying things about T4. It isn't "small" enough for me. And Mten4 way too small. :D (But knowing their quality.. I probably won't buy it. But would love to see smaller wheels. More options - the better.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EMA said:

I had an 1100 Wh wheel, and opted to replace its batteries with 950 (or so) Wh (for a lot of additional money)

Why?

Unless I'm riding to and from the trails on the street, 950 Wh lasts far longer than I can. There's little sense having a king sized battery when you're only using a fraction of its capacity. There are circumstances where bigger isn't necessarily better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I had an 1100 Wh wheel, and opted to replace its batteries with 950 (or so) Wh (for a lot of additional money)

Why?

Unless I'm riding to and from the trails on the street, 950 Wh lasts far longer than I can. There's little sense having a king sized battery when you're only using a fraction of its capacity. There are circumstances where bigger isn't necessarily better.

I personally would like to see 18" wheel which has ~1000Wh. 18" tire - mostly because bigger wheel rolls over every small bump on road much better than 16".

And weight difference from 16 vs 18 is what? 1-2 kg?

My 18xl has 1554Wh and if i don't go for "fun" rides. 5 days riding to/from job. I have to charge it twice a week. Or i can go for 2x "fun" rides. (And i normally charge at 50% battery. I only use half of it's range overall.)

It seems people have forgotten that ~40km distance is quite far.. Especially for these smaller/lighter wheels. You can't even compare them to 3600Wh wheels. That cost 3-4x more and so on. And they only get what? ~100-120km range? Small wheels right out wins - by that logic.

Edited by Funky

6 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

your wish is my command. behold I present to you: 

https://www.kingsong.com/products/ks-s18-18-inch-series

Which year wheel was that? Yeah there are many good options from "old" ones.

I already have that.. And much better one at that, named 18xl. :D I don't see big upgrade over my 18xl there. :rolleyes:

Could you maybe add real smart bms. So i could see each cells voltage? Some water rating would be just peachy! (Mobo/batteries/motor IPX5-7) Maybe a screen, but not a dealbreaker. Big wheel well - so any tire fits.

That's my wish. :D 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Funky said:

Me - In instant heartbeat! And anyone who doesn't need range, but likes to have speed.

If they ever will make something smaller/lighter.. And drop the useless 134V to 100V. :D (Small wheels doesn't need 134V to be good.)

And don't start saying things about T4. It isn't "small" enough for me. And Mten4 way too small. :D (But knowing their quality.. I probably won't buy it. But would love to see smaller wheels. More options - the better.)

11 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Why?

7 hours ago, Paul A said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScn4Q4EOKdvHLXWPFns1k

and here we are again...you can't

you want light ?
you already have tons of wheels...and you can't be light with 18, with susp, with speed, with range ecc .... same old story

you can't be light with actual technology .:popcorn:

1 hour ago, EMA said:

and here we are again...you can't

you want light ?
you already have tons of wheels...and you can't be light with 18, with susp, with speed, with range ecc .... same old story

you can't be light with actual technology .:popcorn:

Yes you can.. Don't you see s18? 18xl? (Yes s18 was kinda bad.. With it's original battery.) But if you choose right cells and right configuration - it can be done!

I call 25kg(56lbs) "light" enough. Because i know you can't really get anything lighter. With ~1000Wh pack and 18" wheel.

And who was talking about suspension. Throw that shit out. :D An "updated" RS/MSP type of a wheel. That doesn't go over 30kg(66lbs).

Also you don't need the 3600Wh wheels speed on "smaller' wheels.. T4 speed is enough - really. And range can't be mentioned in same sentence with small wheels. Because everyone knows they don't have it.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

Yes you can.. Don't you see s18? 18xl? (Yes s18 was kinda bad.. With it's original battery.) But if you choose right cells and right configuration - it can be done!

I call 25kg(56lbs) "light" enough. Because i know you can't really get anything lighter. With ~1000Wh pack and 18" wheel.

And who was talking about suspension. Throw that shit out. :D An "updated" RS/MSP type of a wheel. That doesn't go over 30kg(66lbs).

bla bla bla bla bla bla, so you already have, keep riding :D 

2 minutes ago, EMA said:

bla bla bla bla bla bla, so you already have, keep riding :D 

Yes i have. :D Doh i would love to have waterproofing. Real smart bms. You know.. All the bells and whistles.

Knowing begode - i'm barking up the wrong tree. :D They won't ever make something like that. :cry2: