What will my 265lb w/ gear experience be like on an MTEN4?

Starting to really like the S22, but still wanting to add a different experience. Mten4 looks hella fun. I know I'm too big to be zipping around this thing, but what's my experience going to be like? Will I be able to chill as long as I don't push speeds or try to climb/descend steep hills? Any heavier riders want to weigh (heh) in on your mten3/mten4 experience?

I've been drinking and staring at this cart, looking for a reason not to press BUY.

16 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

@Rich Sam has been having a blast on an MTen4...

I'm assuming he's a heavier dude. That's good to know. I just want something to tool around on in the park. Maybe grab a pack of smokes at the convenient store up the street. I just don't want the axle to snap or to cut out going 10mph. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dredwheel said:

I'm assuming he's a heavier dude. That's good to know. I just want something to tool around on in the park. Maybe grab a pack of smokes at the convenient store up the street. I just don't want the axle to snap or to cut out going 10mph. 

I'm pretty sure that exactly what he does with his, and he is not a small person! I'm guessing that you'll have an awful lot of fun with it as long as you respect its limitations... in spite of its aggressive styling (angry minion), like my MTen3 it is for amusement only. It is not a thing for 'going places'.

• Haha 1

I have a few buds that bought the MTen4s and have a blast on them. One of them is close to your weight I think. Great for learning to ride backwards on and generally messing around with. It would make for a fun smoke grabber. There’s rumour of an MTen racing league starting next season. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, this sounds like it'll definitely hold up for what I'm thinking. Had a cut-out on a firmware-modded segway ninebot s. Since then, I've been wary of self-balancing PEVs with small motor/batteries. I didn't really understand much about self-balancing vehicles, cut-out, or the dangers of 'riding the beep'. 

Things are a little different now. Plus, I just really want it. Look at it. It's like a little robot dog with ears I can ride on.

I used to weigh 290lbs and learned to ride on a shitty 14'' wheel with a 60Volt, 130Wh battery and a 400W motor. I never had any issues or cutouts because I respected the beeps and tiltback and didnt push the edges of the performance envelope.

• Like 1