Wheel won't balance?

mike_bike_kite

I haven't used my KS16S for quite some time. I charged it up. Turned it on and it won't balance. I seem to remember it's a KS thing. The wheel is valid in my area and I have the serial number of the wheel. 

I seem to remember you enter the serial number in the password field on EUC World but it only allows digits to be entered. I tried the KS app as well but couldn't work out what to do there.

Any clues how I get rolling? 

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I haven't used my KS16S for quite some time. I charged it up. Turned it on and it won't balance. I seem to remember it's a KS thing. The wheel is valid in my area and I have the serial number of the wheel. 

I seem to remember you enter the serial number in the password field on EUC World but it only allows digits to be entered. I tried the KS app as well but couldn't work out what to do there.

Any clues how I get rolling? 

First, Please send me an issue report from the app menu (Support -> Report issue), so I can see if your wheel is locked or/and password protected. If it doesn't stabilize, it's because it's locked. But if it's locked and password-protected, you need to clear password protection before you unlock it. So after you send me an issue report, while waiting for my response you can try following:

1. Start EUC World and connect with your KS-16S, but don't provide any password at this stage.
  2. After connecting to your wheel, please open menu and tap on "Wheel".
  3. Scroll down and tap on "Clear password", then enter your wheel serial number and confirm.
  4. Disconnect with your wheel, power it off and then on again.
  5. Connect wheel and try to unlock your wheel from "Wheel" menu.
  6. Optionally, you can now set password if you want by tapping on "Set password" in "Wheel" menu.
  • Like 1

Thanks @Seba though I probably don't qualify for your support as I haven't bought your app (I did do a £10 donation though before you started to sell it). It turned out that your advice to turn the wheel on and off made a difference. Either that or pulling the charging lead out while doing all of this. I'm now mobile again!

1 minute ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Thanks @Seba though I probably don't qualify for your support as I haven't bought your app

EUC World Premium users always have my priority support, but I also try to help other community members, regardless if they are users of EUC World or not.

2 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Either that or pulling the charging lead out while doing all of this.

KS wheels won't balance if turned on during charging. But if you turn the wheel on and then connect charger, it will continue stabilizing as usual.

• Like 1

So sorry to ride in and hijack this thread, but while you're here, Captain @Seba...

Any idea why the EUCW temp readout for my V2 Master stays at a fixed 37C, in marked contrast to what the screen on wheel tells me ? I believe the wheel one because that changes !

I am a premium member if that helps ;)

image.thumb.png.75f74df0c7ac2a04b163ca0676b7cb9a.png

Cheers

Edited by Cerbera

35 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Any idea why the EUCW temp readout for my V2 Master stays at a fixed 37C, in marked contrast to what the screen on wheel tells me ?

Hmm, it's hard to say. Please connect your wheel and after few seconds send me an issue report, including temperature readout in comment.

18 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Thank you, done...

First, please update your EUC World to 2.26, as you're using 2.24 that is no longer supported (and has some nasty bugs). This, however, is not the cause of incorrect temperature reading. It seems that your wheel is sending invalid temperature data. You can verify it by using any other app and check if it also shows the same temperature.

Yep, I concur it is reporting a similar fixed number in Wheel log too, yet it does seem to be sending the right information to the on-board display, or rather it would if I could get it warm enough in here to turn on (haven't fitted hotfix board that Begode sent yet) ! Any idea what that might mean ?