S22 wheel does not turn after repair

Dougev

Hey, weird thing on the s22. Had a puncture, so had to tear down and replace the tube, so far so good...but now the wheel won't turn freely. Tore it down again, and it seems to be the motor, it's not turning on the bearings properly, bump bump internally as I turn it. Was fine with puncture, could move it easily. Could it be the stator issue? But wheel was not even turned on during fix, so very weird.  Do I now need to open up the whole motor?? Anyone had this, or any ideas??  Doug 

• Upvote 1

The type of resistance you can feel when trying to free spin the motor can help diagnose your issue. If it is "magnetic resistance" then that normally indicates a direct short of the motor leads or blown circuit board. The way to diagnose is to unplug the motor from the board and see if it free spins. If still no free spin, you can use an electrical meter to continuity test the motor leads to each other and to the metal of the wheel itself. 

If it is mechanically binding you have the option of opening up the motor to look for the source of your problem. 

Which could be any number of things internally. 

But if it was good before you worked on it, it .ay be likely you have pinched or shorted out a motor lead. And then if powered on, could damage the board. 

So it's difficult to diagnose online  without more details. 

Ok, more weirdness. The wheel is apart, I bolted it on to the subframe and volla, it now works and spins fine..so..

Is it that I fixed motor by moving it or

I should open motor to check more or

I missed something rubbing in the teardown

So unless I can find some brilliance from the forum..I'm going to assume it was my fuckup and too late to work it out now..

So I'll resemble and hope I'm right that I missed the issue in the teardown.

Ok, thanks guys, will let u know how it all works out, need to get back on the s22, or the s18, which still needs work