Can an EUC be used to tow?

I would like to slowly tow a very small and light cart, for groceries.  Maybe one of the lightweight 2-wheel carts parents tow a small child in behind their bicycle.

Is there a place on Begode Master, that could handle the tensile force of pulling a light cart with groceries? 

Basically I'm looking for where to attached the tow-hook, that will not break the Begode Master.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kerrance1 said:

I would like to slowly tow a very small and light cart, for groceries.  Maybe one of the lightweight 2-wheel carts parents tow a small child in behind their bicycle.

Is there a place on Begode Master, that could handle the tensile force of pulling a light cart with groceries? 

Basically I'm looking for where to attached the tow-hook, that will not break the Begode Master.

Check youtube there are many videos of carts being towed behind euc. 

Maybe even some videos will give some idea - how to "rig" something up.

Hook true back metal suspension?

I personally would take backpack everyday.. But i don't know, maybe you got back problems, so on. You do you. :) 

Edited by Funky

Hmmm. An EUC certainly can be used to tow stuff, but not sure I would recommend it on the Master, with its high centre of gravity and sensitivity to control inputs, which I am always trying to limit to just my own ! I suspect your ride quality and braking / steering ability may not benefit from the additional forces present in a towing situation.

The only thing up the back of that machine is the suspension linkage struts and the kickstand. Presumably the latter is out because of its proximity to the wheel and danger of deformation, so that doesn't leave much in the way of options. A fair few people attach a tether or leash to various parts of suspension linkage, but of course that doesn't mean it is equally suitable for pulling an actual load. Are you sure you shouldn't just buy a bigger backpack ?!! ;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kerrance1 said:

Take a loot at how Elliott attached his amazing kickstand; you could fix the hitch in a similar way using the rear of both pedals. The result would probably resist a forward lean with a down force when speeding up, and might increase your stopping lean when slowing down. Some of the mech engineering nerds on here would probably have some insight on how to minimize that, if it exists.

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/1019-the-video-thread/?do=findComment&comment=445229

image.png.398a6bba4425deeaa841b4d0ac1598b8.png

38 minutes ago, sbb said:

you could fix the hitch in a similar way using the rear of both pedals.

I can't quite imagine how this could be a good idea, but I'll certainly watch any video of the attempt ! :)

14 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Over here, they all have locking wheels that engage when you leave the car park ! That'll be a nice surprise the first time you find one of those ;)

Oh snap. That's right there is EUC predecessor. But in 4x4 format.

I didn't know there were "Smart" trolley's. :D  

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

locking wheels that engage when you leave the car park

Defeated by simply keeping the locking wheel a few inches above the perimeter line, usually by doing a quick shopping-cart wheelie as you cross.

Some trolleys have better impact resistance than EUCs.

Edited by Paul A