Master suspension modifications

btl

• 4 months later...

So can a master v4 use a 200mm eye to eye shock or does it need to be a 190mm? I'm hearing you lose 10mm of travel with a 190mm.

Was going to use a DNM DV22AR with a 750lbs spring on the latest begode oem brackets.

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2024 at 4:21 PM, GottaWay said:

So can a master v4 use a 200mm eye to eye shock or does it need to be a 190mm? I'm hearing you lose 10mm of travel with a 190mm.

Was going to use a DNM DV22AR with a 750lbs spring on the latest begode oem brackets.

im going through this right now, just installed a 190mm DV22AR with a 750lbs on the new red "flexible" begode linkage.  it feels very soft and from and from what ive read i think i need a 1000-1200lbs spring.  from my research 190mm makes you lose some travel and 200mm does fit so i might try that next.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2024 at 3:08 AM, vasol said:

im going through this right now, just installed a 190mm DV22AR with a 750lbs on the new red "flexible" begode linkage.  it feels very soft and from and from what ive read i think i need a 1000-1200lbs spring.  from my research 190mm makes you lose some travel and 200mm does fit so i might try that next.  

Any luck? Did you try 200? Got the V3 master and the EMA linkage. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2024 at 2:51 PM, Bustex said:

Any luck? Did you try 200? Got the V3 master and the EMA linkage. 

i tried a 200mm DNM coil shock with a 1300lb spring, it took some compressing but did fit, however the spring is too long/wide and was rubbing against my brackets so i was unable to use it.  how are people using 200mm dnm coil shocks??? also it seems like the 190mm shock requires some compressing to fit as well...that means its not too short??  the 200mm needs to be compressed alot and it feels like its taking up alot of the possible travel out of the shock

• 2 weeks later...

Just get an aftermarket set of brackets that allow a different/longer stroke than the Begode brackets and end your anguish.  I bought the Hoopite brackets combined with a 200mm FastAce shock with a 550lb spring and compression/rebound adjustments.  I realize that the added price to mod the wheel isn't great, but it's better than suffering and wishing you had a different wheel altogether.

I truly feel that the Master is a great wheel that many will realize as years go by.

• Upvote 1