Is Inmotion V12 HT safe ? Is free speech safe?

Finn Bjerke

All the problems with V12 HS was Control board related ? So V12 HT should not have that problem ?  Is that a naive assumption? My V12 HT is on its way to  me via Bulgaria o n the mighty might MSC Tina She is a 400m long container ship) but Im having second thoughts now....  The troubles with new generation V11 and the V12HS plus delayed V13 worries me ... 

Is V12HT s safe buy? Why was the thread debating that closed ? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Is V12HT s safe buy?

I'd expect it to be as good a bet as any other first generation wheel—maybe even a bit better since IM had such problems with the HS. I would think that some of the kinks in the HS would have been ironed out (rim mostly, the HT board is supposedly not exactly the same as the HS so it's kind of a first gen effort). The V12 does seem to have its share of firmware and bluetooth oddness, but other than being annoying the issues aren't glaring red flags.

I'm guessing the V13 got pushed back while they figured out the V12HS problems, but who really knows?

• Upvote 1

It’s all hit or miss when it comes to Chinese electronics .the bad thing is with these product there can be serious injury or death when a shitty subpar component fails not to mention the loss of thousands of dollars for the wheel .unfortunately it’s all we have right now and all we can do as a community is stop buying their products until we force them to put out safe ,quality and tested products.stop making us your Guinea pigs 

Edited by Dosingpsychedelics
  • Upvote 1

On 6/23/2022 at 3:54 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

Is V12HT s safe buy?

Most V12 HT testers (shops on their demo wheel, reviewers) noticed odd tilting behaviour on rough terrain, and Adam/Wrong Way had an issue which lead to crashes.. twice, which is not identified or fixed yet.

Therefore it's too early to tell IMO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nothing is safe, each time you get on the euc - you have a chance that it will fail and you go flying. So you have to know that..

People have been having trouble with both v12's. So be ready to get a faceplant any given moment. Be in first 100 miles or maybe next 1000 miles.

Even most "safe" euc - can fail, at any given time. Wire coming loose after many ridden miles. ETC.. That's why each time you go ride - you have to be ready to eat dirt. :) 

Edited by Funky

The HS and HT versions of the V12 are currently problematic and the manufacturer does not know exactly the cause for the different problems.

What we do know, though, is that the first batch of an electric unicycle is one that isn't worth buying right away. Often even the batch 2 is not good enough and you have to wait for the next batch. The rule has become that it is wise to buy from batch 3 onwards. For example, Master batch 2 and KS-22 batch 2 will receive important upgrades (officially announced), but those who have ordered batch 1 will not receive these upgrades because these wheels are already on the ship and moving towards the customer. Both examples (Master batch 2 and KS-22 batch 2) are already in full production. Waiting is sometimes the smartest move.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Same for mine ks18xl. It originally had 2000w motor and the black "brittle" inner shell, also lift "switch" was changed over time.

Now 18xl comes with 2200w motor, white (much stronger) inner shell and overall better product.

Also if you are waiting for "3rd" batch - it will be ~1-2 year long journey to get "better" version of same euc.

When i bought my 18xl, it was already the "better" version of same euc. Already tested in field for many years by other people and overall good euc.

Buying new product - you are the test "dummy". Enjoy the testing for us. :D  Smart people will buy the 3rd batch - much better product and most of issues already fixed.

But if you chose to wait - in that time period there will be "new" euc releases around corner. :D