IPS Zero install battery

who_the

Super-excited that my IPS Zero has arrived in the U.S., FedEx shows it in Memphis and it should be arrive to me in San Francisco this week.

In order to pass through customs, the seller needed to ship the 340wh batteries separately. They told me DHL rejected the shipment twice before it was accepted — without batteries — by FedEx and successfully shipped. The batteries will be shipped Monday now that the wheel has passed through customs.

I have studied CSMeyers' teardown photos, but can't figure out which screws and parts will need to be disassembled to install the batteries. Will it be obvious to me when I receive my Zero where the screwholes are and what needs to be taken off? I'm pretty good with assembly and disassembly but any guidance would be appreciated. It looks from the teardown that the outer shell and a plastic cover over the batteries will need to be removed.

Thanks and looking forward to my second electric unicycle. Expecting this Zero to have the range and the power to get me across the city to work. My X3 clone is great and has been reliable but doesn't quite have the juice.

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 11.28.01 AM.jpg

Batteries installed, Zero up and running! I will be soon posting an install/removal guide with pictures, as well as the official Quick Start Guide from IPS. The seller provided me with an install procedure with photos; I have added some of my own and cleaned up the text a bit.

My initial impressions of the Zero are very favorable. Responsive, quick, and a massive upgrade over my no-name X3. Can't wait to unlock 30kph!

As promised here is the walkthrough to access and replace the battery pack for an IPS Zero. Unlocked 30kph yesterday! Strongly recommend the "Speed to Speech" app for Android phones, can speak your current speed into your Bluetooth at intervals you select! Basically a speedometer in your ear every 2 seconds or so, great for knowing when you are approaching top speed and need to back off. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mmi.android.speedtotext&hl=en

ips-zero-remove-battery-3.pdf

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 12.52.47 AM.jpg

On 3/4/2016 at 0:52 PM, who_the said:

As promised here is the walkthrough to access and replace the battery pack for an IPS Zero. Unlocked 30kph yesterday! Strongly recommend the "Speed to Speech" app for Android phones, can speak your current speed into your Bluetooth at intervals you select! Basically a speedometer in your ear every 2 seconds or so, great for knowing when you are approaching top speed and need to back off

Many thanks for the instruction manual. :)

• 3 months later...

Archived