My first EUC sighting 😀

360rumors

27 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Was out riding around a local lake today and an Amish guy and his 10 kids fishing  were mesmerized by it and thought it was pretty awesome …. I wanted to tell them it’s a shame it runs on electricity 🤣🤣🤣

If other people are fascinated, I can only imagine how amazed they were. But they can try this https://inventist.com/inventions/lunicycle/

By the inventor of the solowheel ☺️

• Like 2

On 5/17/2022 at 10:15 PM, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Was out riding around a local lake today and an Amish guy and his 10 kids fishing  were mesmerized by it and thought it was pretty awesome …. I wanted to tell them it’s a shame it runs on electricity 🤣🤣🤣

Many Amish are not actually against technology, it is more about how dependent that technology make them on the "outside" world and how tightly it connects them to it. Amish may refuse to have their house hooked up to the grid but have no issues with a top of the line solar cell arrangement installed on their roof and Tesla battery in their stable. An EUC might actually be the perfect vehicle for them if they can generate power themselves. At least thats how one guy on my old motorrcycle forum who lives in Amish country once explained it. But there are great regional differences in Amish culture too.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

It's been 9 years since I've seen one in the Netherlands. Scooters are common, though still illegal.

In the media it's been covered by the epitome of nerdiness channel 'Bright' (with friends like these you don't need enemies:). 

Reactions from people are overall positive.
Most are intrigued, think it's very sketchy and difficult to balance
Some think it's very easy since if you have experience it actually looks easy
A minority look down on it and see it as a stupid toy for extremely lazy people

For me I think it's just kinda funny floating around handsfree and meanwhile eating a sandwich.

Edited by tst
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Scottie said:

A tiny bit off topic ...

This is the 1st time I have seen EUCs featured in a major advertisement. I just noticed it as a YouTube commercial before my selected video. We might see this on network television soon.

Glad the s18 didn’t go in the drink.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scottie said:

A tiny bit off topic ...

This is the 1st time I have seen EUCs featured in a major advertisement. I just noticed it as a YouTube commercial before my selected video. We might see this on network television soon.

I hope we do see more ewheels in mainstream. There was a cool McDonald’s ad but only in EU.  

Movies/Cartoons also have shown them. (Some that i know..)

In Halo TV-Show season 1 episode 8 at 5:30 time there is a  "background" character riding one. :D 

https://www.bilibili.tv/en/video/2042734133?bstar_from=bstar-web.ugc-video-detail.related-recommend.all

The Simpsons cartoon have a seen in Season 34 Episode 12 at 8:11 time - "Bart" is riding one.

Good news - many kids/teens will see it. So hopely new blood joining our hobby. :D (Doh i think most have seen one already in real life.)

Edited by Funky