Which EUC for food delivery in Europe

Hello I was wondering which EUC is the most suitable for food delivery.

I am deciding between KingSong 16X and 18XL and Nikola AR+ but I don´t know where I can purchase one in EU.

My measures are 193cm and 93kg. Please if you can rank these three and describe which one is best.

AR+ has highest range, but which one of 16X or 18XL will go longer?

Thank you very much for advice!

• Upvote 1

Hi @kolliss and welcome!

The Kingsong 16X and 18XL will have comparable range. Kingsong 16X will have the ability to accelerate and brake harder at lower speeds, whereas the 18XL will have some more headroom near max speed and have its speed reduced less at lower battery levels.

The 2700 Wh Nikola+ is not an Alien Rides exclusive but there are not so many European distributors for it.

If you plan long delivery days, charging speed could also enter into account, then a Nikola will go up to 5A at 100.8V: 504W.
Kingsong 84V wheels are officially capped at 5A (or is it 6A?), 84V: 420W, a bit slower but not really significant.

In terms of riding safety, Nikola+ has higher top speed but only beeps as alarm. 18XL has a good safety margin, 16X is less safe at higher speed.
In terms of fire safety, Nikola+ uses the problematic 900 Wh Begode packs, some of which stop working early, some others catch fire. A problem that has not been present with Kingsong 18XL or 16X wheels.

Regarding riding in the rain, Nikola handles that better without modification than the two Kingsong wheels which water-resistance is okay but great, but you'll have to open the Nikola+ and check that the seal around the mainboard is properly installed, a frequent issue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

Kingsong 84V wheels are officially capped at 5A (or is it 6A?)

I can charge my KS wheels at 5.5A without beeping... 6A and they beep. Not that 0.5A either way will matter!

• Thanks 1

I did door dash for one month straight 2 summers ago. I used a 16x and it was wonderful.  I never rode in rain though. 

I am 6’2” and 250pds.      

The handle is nice for entering and exiting buildings.  Not sure how many apartments are in your area, leaving my uni in the lobby was always sketchy. 

18xl and 16x are pretty close in performance. Carrying a giant deliver bag was biggest thing to get used too, I don’t think ur going over 40km per hr very much with a large delivery bag. The wind catches it and it’s hard to stay balanced if u screw that up. 

11 hours ago, kolliss said:

Hello I was wondering which EUC is the most suitable for food delivery.

I am deciding between KingSong 16X and 18XL and Nikola AR+ but I don´t know where I can purchase one in EU.

My measures are 193cm and 93kg. Please if you can rank these three and describe which one is best.

AR+ has highest range, but which one of 16X or 18XL will go longer?

Thank you very much for advice!

If you a planning to do deliveries you are on a very steep learning curve.

Its one thing to learn how to ride but another thing carrying large parcel’s.

• Upvote 1

All local food delivery guys ride a Sherman, due to the large battery. The most active one empties two Sherman batteries during his full work day.

But yeah, if you don’t know how to ride yet, EUC isn’t a vehicle you can just buy and use. It will take you a good while to learn the EUC before you can safely ride in public, let alone to do it for work.

• Like 2