Begode RS HS C30 versus EX.N HS C30 which one is the fastest?

Boostnsvt

(Mod edit: this thread is merged together from two. The original post is the second post.)

-

I did 53mph once on EXN. If you’re asking about sustainability then it would obviously be the one with a bigger battery pack.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
threads merged

Which one is the fastest?  Not top speed for 5 seconds, but sustained speed for  20 ~ 30 minutes?  They got the same motor, but RS is 6 kg lighter (due to lower bat. cap.) However RS has 2600 watt output where EX.N has 2800 watt.  So?

23 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I really don't know where these stupid motor wattage numbers come from. If it's the same motor, it's the same motor! Or is it not?

here: http://www.begode.com/productinfo/3129.html  and http://www.begode.com/productinfo/557433.html

Obvious same motor - but??

Sorry! By "where these numbers come from " I meant "how do Begode come up with these numbers?". Because two numbers for the same motor is just nonsense to me. Wasn't calling anybody stupid except that fact!

14 minutes ago, Robse said:

but??

I don't believe there is a "but".

Unless the RS firmware somehow magically makes it faster (how? why? again, how?), the EXN should be the answer to your question. Bigger battery and more stable voltage level.

• Upvote 1

Considering they are using the same C38 motor in the EXN HT(2800W), RSHT(2600W), and Master(3500W), I would speculate that the motor rating doesn't have anything to do with what the motor and is more likely what the wattage the board is supplying to the motor. 

• Like 2

I agree, from what I have seen the sag of the RS hs is insane compared to the Exn
On a hard acceleration up to 45mph it can sag about 15V the Exn is about 6V, which reduces both the maximum speed due to the low voltage and the fact of maintaining this speed over the distance 

For the indicated power of the wheels it is nominal not maximum what could be compared to the acceptable average speed of a marathon runner for example, it is defined mainly by the specificity of the battery components and heat, at Begotway we can see that it is around 25A sustained (2000W 84V, 2500W 100.8V 3500W 134.4V) 
If we take 2 identical wheels and on one of them we just change the cables for thicker ones, add vent holes or a better heatsink this figure will be increased, just like the average speed of a marathon runner with Erythropoietin help ^_^

The Exn is 6p vs 4p, more empty space in its shell with a bigger heatsink plate and longer and higher fins which should decrease the heat and therefore increase the nominal power rating compared to the Rs

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

All I know is the rs is a rocket ship off the line 🚀 I hit 45 mph on my rs19 highspeed regularly but Im not trying to push it much more than that cuz i almost over powered it and it dipped forward on me like it was about to cutout and I saved it ….I Damn near shit my pants not sure if I skipped a magnet or what but I want no parts of it doing that again 

• Like 1

I have one of the new EWheels RS HS C30 with the P42a Molicel packs.  I can hit 45Mph no problem and have ridden at that speed for about 2 minutes before having to slow down.  In looking at the data from my ride, the voltage drop at 45 mph was 3.8V.  I have pushed the RS C30 to 49mph 1 time, but scared the crap out of me. 

I got with Freestyler and installed the RS C30 Accelerated Stability Dynamic PWN Tiltback firmware and now don't' have to worry as much about the dreaded cutoff.  I dont' see getting up to 49mph again as the tiltback was kicking in right about 45mph with a full charge.

So the higher discharge, lower resistance Molicel batteries do make a difference in the RS C30.  As far as Range, I went on a 28 mile trip and when I got back, I had less than 30% charge remaining. I do know how than compares with the standard RS C30 with the 1800WH batteries. (50T), but thought it was good considering how hard I was riding it.

• Upvote 1