Losing weight from riding EUC?

360rumors

5 hours ago, Esash said:

Sounds like somebody hasn't ever tried carrying their V12 while walking for 10 minutes straight.

Post the video of yourself trying, we all have an extra 40 seconds for a good laugh.

My euc's were made to carry me, not the other way around.  You could always lose weight by ordering an euc direct from China, and walk to the mailbox daily as you wait :)

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Strenco brand, I hope. It's the very best of the best!

Fact checked wrong...

everyone knows that 3m makes the best stuff...:popcorn:

• Like 1

I am going to go remove my Sherman from the back of the car. I imagine I will burn a moderate amount of calories while also strengthening my core and shoulders. I will have a protein shake waiting for when I get back so I can maximize on the results. I am going to be frigging ripped by summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I will have a protein shake

I'm hoping you're talking barley protein, but maybe not because shaking it means too much ends up on the ground.

28 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Today was my first day on an electric unicycle ever ..and I managed to put almost 20 miles on my rs19 hs today .i went out two different times today .first time I went out with 30 psi on a knobby tire and seemed to catch on fast so I decided to raise the psi to 42 when I went out for the second ride and it was a lot harder to turn and ride with the higher pressure. I definately burned a shit ton of calories and I was drenched in sweat .lol I am freaking whooped …I noticed twords the end of my ride the wheel was more wobbly due to the fact my legs were getting weak and tired.current weight 225 come June 2nd my goal is to be down to 205 

In a single month 215 is much more realistic. 2 pounds a week is considered about the fastest you can healthily lose weight unless you are a lot heavier. And the more you lose the slower it gets. Although if you are just starting and make diet adjustments as part of it then sometimes there will also be an extra few initial pounds from water weight loss. But that water weight comes back if you resume former eating habits.

Edited by Silverfish

8 minutes ago, Silverfish said:

In a single month 215 is much more realistic. 2 pounds a week is considered about the fastest you can healthily lose weight unless you are a lot heavier. And the more you lose the slower it gets. Although if you are just starting and make diet adjustments as part of it then sometimes there will also be an extra few initial pounds from water weight loss. But that water weight comes back if you resume former eating habits.

Covid destroyed my pancreas in sept of 2020 and after I had covid,it caused sudden onset type 1 diabetes due to it attacking the beta cells that make insulin and i gained about 45 pounds due to my 4 shots of insulin a day causing insulin resistance and fat buildup around my stomach…so I’m trying to cut back my carbs to 50 per meal and have totally cut out all pop and sweets from my diet .I’m also only eating around 1000 to 1200 calories a day .so hopefully I can burn more than that if I’m out and about riding all day 👌🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Covid destroyed my pancreas in sept of 2020 and after I had covid,it caused sudden onset type 1 diabetes due to it attacking the beta cells that make insulin and i gained about 45 pounds due to my 4 shots of insulin a day causing insulin resistance and fat buildup around my stomach…so I’m trying to cut back my carbs to 50 per meal and have totally cut out all pop and sweets from my diet .I’m also only eating around 1000 to 1200 calories a day .so hopefully I can burn more than that if I’m out and about riding all day 👌🏻

damn... that's aggressive. Don't quote me on this, but my understanding was that 1000 below TDEE was about as low as I could go and be healthy. So I hope you aren't overdoing it. But you will see rapid loss at those levels, and any form of activity only helps, and hopefully skews the loss towards fat loss, as both fat and muscle go away under restriction. Although muscle can stick around longer of you use it. Plateaus happen, and sometimes even water weight gain can occur so don't be frustrated if you stall. Day to day progress is uneven. Long term trends are what to look for. 

• 1 month later...

I started 185 in April. Now slightly under 180. I don’t think EUC is effective for weight loss but it might encourage a bit of weight loss in these ways:

1. If you ride instead of drive a car, you could burn a few calories. 
2. If you get used to the faster moving pace with an EUC, it might encourage you to walk faster or jog instead of walking at normal pace. This could burn more calories.

3. Using an EUC may require you to repeatedly pick up your wheel that weighs 40+ lbs. (eg if you live somewhere that has stairs).

4. Riding an EUC might give you an incentive to lose weight for better performance (range, speed).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s not effective for weight loss …I had high hopes but now it uses less effort than walking and I’ve put almost 2000km on it and haven’t loss anything… I started at 225 after the learning I was down to 215 now I’m at like 223 🤣 but on a positive note I’ve visited about 10 new parks and trails and met lots of people while out riding so that’s a win 🤘🏻😎🤘🏻

• Like 2

I got the shermax in April and so far I lost 12 lbs.  From 228 down to 216.  My gear including backpack is 12lbs so I lost the weight of my gear!  My goal is to get down to 190lbs-200lbs.  Changing to one meal a day, x3 and the wheel riding is a good combination for me and seems to be working.  How much of that is riding 200 or so miles a week on the wheel?  I don't know.  I definitely "feel" better overall and I guess that is all that matters.  Enjoy each day.  Stay safe and keep it wheel! :eff034a94a:

Edited by Xodarap1
  • Like 2