Ninebot related queries/ideas/replies

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SerpentineGX: How's yours by the way? Did you say it runs great on your iPhone? Apparently they have the same issue from 4S downward.

Probably related to the Bluetooth-hardware, from https://www.speedyfeet.uk/kb_results.asp?ID=13 :

Make sure your device has bluetooth 4.0 Hardware or higher. (With iPhones for example this is 4s upwards)

Edit: there's a long thread about having issues with Samsung Galaxy S3 and Bluetooth4/BLE (BlueTooth Low Energy) devices/sofware here: http://developer.samsung.com/forum/board/thread/view.do?boardName=GeneralB&messageId=157757 It's actually pretty unclear whether it works now, but the last post on the thread says it now connects to some BLE heart rate monitor... hard to say if it's up to the software (for example, Ninedroid-app), the device drivers/firmware/OS or the device (ie. Ninebot) itself. Some users reported certain software (like "Bluetooth Smart Scanner") detecting BLE-devices, while other software or the OS itself doesn't seem to find them. To make matters more complicated, apparently there have been S3's shipped with different versions of firmware preinstalled and updates available may even be somewhat carrier-dependent? From what I could gather, it SHOULD work on S3, provided that the device drivers/firmware/Android is "new enough". This really falls outside my expertise (although I work in a mobile multiplayer game company, but I develop the lobby/game-server/database backends and such, not the actual mobile apps).

esaj: Thanks for the links and info! I tried to connect it to my colleague's iPhone 5 and still same error, strange. It keeps asking for pairing code that shows on the device... Well, the device has no display or whatsoever, so... probably the next step is to find out what is the basic pairing code... Note: '0000','000000','1234','123456','555555' does NOT work, tried them.

I'm having a similar issue with my Ninebot One E. Today I updated the iOS app to v2.1.1 and locked the unit, but now the app can't connect to the ninebot to unlock it. I've tried plugging it to a power outlet to see if that would trigger something on the unit to no avail...

My unit is useless now until I can unlock it  :/

Did anyone had this issue? Is there any way to unlock it?

@Bruno,

When you say you couldn't unlock it and useless, you can not ride the wheel? My understanding was, you can ride EUC normal,  but only without nice enhancements from the app. Is that correct?

Bruno Silva:

Uninstall the app, then reinstall it without updating it this time.

Can't do that on iOS, you can only get the latest version from the AppStore. I've also tried the app on a friend's iPhone and it didn't detect the unit.

@Bruno,

When you say you couldn't unlock it and useless, you can not ride the wheel? My understanding was, you can ride EUC normal,  but only without nice enhancements from the app. Is that correct?

I can't ride the wheel, is in that mode with the alarm if it detects any movement and can't be turned off.

I've tried several things, including plugging it to a wall socket and pressing the power button for a long time.

Or, try to update the firmware as well, if that is possible. I think they should have put a factory default reset button or jumper on the main board, that is where they failed this project... That would have solved both of mine and your headache... :unsure::wacko:

If just the app the issue then it should be fine with some else's phone, that's weird. Try to message to that guy at speedyfeet.co.uk, he is in to this Ninebot thing, also he has iPhone too.

His name is Ian, I've already mailed him, i suggested to uninstall the app. I've replied it didn't solve it and I'm still waiting for a reply. I'm at work, I really need to solve this before the end of the day otherwise I'll have to carry a 14kg wheel beeping flashing and pushing back and forward for 5km!

I thought I could just unplug the battery and plug it again, I'm not sure if that would do more harm than good...

Azuro, how's the situation with your ninebot? did you manage to connect to it again? Can you ride it?

No, unfortunately it's the same thing... asking for bluetooth pairing code on every phone... I downloaded this BTCrack v1.1 tool, will try to crack the pairing code, hope it will sort my problem. In the meantime would appreciate if peeps could share some link to other bluetooth hacking tool, please.

By the way, thanks for asking Bruno.

Archived