Problem with „please repair“

Jojos V11

I own a new V11 for a week. Unfortunately, the error "please repair" comes again and again.
This was after the upgrade und not cycling.
But the error went away again and everything was okay.

Yesterday while driving a right turn the V11 tilted slow backwards and forces me to get off“

Said all the time please repair, please  repair.

But after that I can immediately get back on and continue driving

Does anyone knows this problem and how to solve it?

Jojo

7 hours ago, powhatan2006 said:

I had that error when my battery was 100% and I started to ride in descent. 

I had exatly the same thing happen with my V11 yesterday. I left it to charge and balance fully overnight, then got on and immediately rode down an incline. Got the "please repair" announcement after just a couple of seconds, a red light in the display... and worse the wheel wouldnt switch off! I grabbed it by the handle and it went around me in circles like a crazy pitbull, then I lifted it with the spin kill button pressed - to no avail, it went on spinning at full speed! Long pressing on the power button did nothing either! Thankfully it switched off on its own after some time, but I had no idea what to do with an unstoppable wheel gone crazy. A very dicey suituation. I'll make sure not to do that again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

I had exatly the same thing happen with my V11 yesterday. I left it to charge and balance fully overnight, then got on and immediately rode down an incline. Got the "please repair" announcement after just a couple of seconds, a red light in the display... and worse the wheel wouldnt switch off! I grabbed it by the handle and it went around me in circles like a crazy pitbull, then I lifted it with the spin kill button pressed - to no avail, it went on spinning at full speed! Long pressing on the power button did nothing either! Thankfully it switched off on its own after some time, but I had no idea what to do with an unstoppable wheel gone crazy. A very dicey suituation. I'll make sure not to do that again.

Oh man, your experience is really scary!

Jojo

21 hours ago, powhatan2006 said:

Hello. 
I had that error when my battery was 100% and I started to ride in descent. Now either I stop charging before 100% or I ride before the descents. 
I hope is nothing serious. 

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, now I also realize that it probably has to do with the full battery.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jojos V11 said:

This was after the upgrade und not cycling.

What device did you use to update the firmware of the V11 and what app?

22 hours ago, powhatan2006 said:

I had that error when my battery was 100% and I started to ride in descent.

The Inmotion V11 is very sensitive when riding down a hill with a full battery. In such cases, the battery cannot be fully charged because there is nowhere to store the recovered energy from descent.

14 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I don't own a V11 but I remember seeing your comments on here and this came up as a suggestion on my youtube maybe useful maybe not..

I noticed that the author of the video is using iPhone to update the firmware of the Inmotion V11 (seen in other his videos) and I believe that this is one of the causes of his problems with the V11. I have informed him of this, and he even understood it at some point and changed from iPhone to android. He also mentioned it in his video.

There is one clear rule when updating Inmotion V11 firmware - this should never be done with an iPhone. You should always use android and either the latest Inmotion app or the latest EUC World app. However, if you have already run the Inmotion app on your iPhone and firmware update failed/causing problems with the wheel, remove the Inmotion app from your iPhone and hold down the V11 on / off button for at least 30 seconds to reset the wheel. Get an android phone (use your current android device or buy used one - they are so cheap today) and run the V11 firmware update. Problems with firmware are gone.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

It's seems like this "plague" reached my V11 too.

My V11 was activated on 1st of July, 2021. At the moment I have 700km with it, no crashes, the wheel is almost in mint condition.
The last 2 times when I charged up the wheel to 100%, there wasn't any error at first but after I left to work, 1 min passed (around 100-200 meter) the wheel started to slowly dip forward then backward and slowing down. In the meanwhile the wheel started to play the "Please repair" message. I have a video from both cases.
Last time (which was the second time and it was yesterday) I was able to get a log and upload it to inmotion, but unfortunately I wasn't able to run a diagnostic.
After stepping down from the wheel after a few seconds, the wheel corrected itself (i did nothing) and stopped playing the " please repair" message. The diagnostic also showed that the vehicle is in good condition. Inmotion Customer Service told me that the wheel has a battery1 issue and the battery needs to be replaced.
Here comes the bad news. The battery only have 6 months of warranty(!) and my wheel is 9 months old. 
So I'm a little bit disappointed, as I love this wheel, really comfortable and I'm enjoy riding it. 

Any suggestion from you guys, what should I try to solve this issue?
My first tip for this is to ask the support to remotely re-calibrate the batteries as there is a chance that this is the problem in my case.

Many thanks!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, NMY said:

Hi All,

It's seems like this "plague" reached my V11 too.

My V11 was activated on 1st of July, 2021. At the moment I have 700km with it, no crashes, the wheel is almost in mint condition.
The last 2 times when I charged up the wheel to 100%, there wasn't any error at first but after I left to work, 1 min passed (around 100-200 meter) the wheel started to slowly dip forward then backward and slowing down. In the meanwhile the wheel started to play the "Please repair" message. I have a video from both cases.
Last time (which was the second time and it was yesterday) I was able to get a log and upload it to inmotion, but unfortunately I wasn't able to run a diagnostic.
After stepping down from the wheel after a few seconds, the wheel corrected itself (i did nothing) and stopped playing the " please repair" message. The diagnostic also showed that the vehicle is in good condition. Inmotion Customer Service told me that the wheel has a battery1 issue and the battery needs to be replaced.
Here comes the bad news. The battery only have 6 months of warranty(!) and my wheel is 9 months old. 
So I'm a little bit disappointed, as I love this wheel, really comfortable and I'm enjoy riding it. 

Any suggestion from you guys, what should I try to solve this issue?
My first tip for this is to ask the support to remotely re-calibrate the batteries as there is a chance that this is the problem in my case.

Many thanks!

Hi!

One option, of course, is to check the battery voltage in the app and then check it yourself with a multimeter if you have the skills and resources to do so. However, if Inmotion´s customer service claimed that battery # 1 is faulty and it needs replacement, I would not hesitate to do so. Fun fact, batteries have an average of half a year's warranty in almost every field.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wolverine said:

Hi!

One option, of course, is to check the battery voltage in the app and then check it yourself with a multimeter if you have the skills and resources to do so. However, if Inmotion´s customer service claimed that battery # 1 is faulty and it needs replacement, I would not hesitate to do so. Fun fact, batteries have an average of half a year's warranty in almost every field.

Yes, I know this 6 month battery warranty, just really disappointing that 1 battery pack is around 500€...
The multimeter option is unfortunately out for me as I don't want to mess up the wheel.
The strange is, I can ride wheel as the issue won't come back until the next recharge.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I need help with v10f.  I was already looking for answers on the Internet, I realized that there was more than one such case, but I couldn’t find a specific solution.  I just bought the wheel, took it out of the box and removed the films.  New.  Initially it did not want to turn on, the red sides were blinking and the error indication was on the charge display.  And the message, either please, repair or please, prepare, you won’t be able to figure it out.  And it passed out.  In the short time it was shutting down, I managed to connect to the wheel from the app and run diagnostics.  Result: Battery signal error.  Damn exciting start.  I read about disabling transport mode, yes, it was enabled.  I turn it off, the next time I start the wheel it turns on again... In general, the problem solved itself after some time spent charging.  The wheel just turned on normally, everything works.  Diagnostics shows 0 problems, bright future.  I exhaled and loaded the wheel all the way.  For some reason the emphasis turned out to be at 97%, it did not charge up to 100.  I decided that maybe the battery protection works like that.  Well, I went for a ride.  15 km was a real thrill.  I selected a convenient pedal mode, speed about 30, urban terrain.  And suddenly the same message comes again and the wheel spins me off.  Diagnostics: everything is good.  Hm.  I waited a little and the error disappeared.  I drove further, but not far - the situation repeated itself.  Well, in general, this happened about four more times, as a result the error no longer disappeared if you waited.  And diagnostics: battery signal error.  In general, back to the beginning.  Fortunately, the metro was nearby and it was comfortable to roll the wheel with it turned off.  At home, out of curiosity, I connected the charger again.  And again the error disappeared, the wheel started normally and there are no known diagnostic problems.  Apparently, only the unknown remained... Groundhog Day?  Clouds gather at the thought of a service center.  I'm thinking about removing the cover and seeing how everything is assembled there, maybe reconnecting the battery.. Do you have such experience?

• Like 1