EX.N defficencies, service and upgrades!

6 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Curious. Do all EX.N's have the newer smaller bearings?

Would you guys say that the HS model has got more torque than the RS19 HS? 

Is it closer to the RS19 HS or HT when it comes to torque?

All EXN has smaller bearings

the torque of speed motors seems the same to me , RS and EXN HS i mean
the torque of of an HT is another level

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, EMA said:

All EXN has smaller bearings

the torque of speed motors seems the same to me , RS and EXN HS i mean
the torque of of an HT is another level

I agree with this. HS are closer to other HS no matter the wheels. HS never feels close to HT.

in fact the exn feels like it has less torque than the RS HS to me. The light weight of the wheel (and a minor point: the better balance) makes the RS feel more playful and zippy. The exn needs considerably more force to wake it up.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I've bought the EXN HS model. Which is the better firmware to update. I seen two different updates. The C30 and C30 accelerated Stability. What's the difference? 

• 2 weeks later...

Little update….

the heat sink installed on the back plate of the control board was fairly clean. I was expecting it to be completely full of dirt or sand because I rode through quite a bit of mud.

I was able to find a valve for the tubeless tire. I found it on a scooter website by measuring the diameter of the hole in the rim for the valve, which was about 8.5mm. The valves are sold based on a diameter range like 8.9mm-10mm.

The tire is, for lack of a better word, amazing. It completely fixed all wobbles. I can’t believe how stable my EXN is now. Another big change is that I’m riding 5mph faster than normal. The smoothness combined with the stability makes the wheel faster or improved my confidence to ride faster, to a point where I had to remove the 2nd beep option (turns on at 30mph). If there anything you do to your euc I recommend you upgrade your tire!

366A9DA2-97C6-4BB6-A5AF-9FA9FC5D11C6.jpeg

• Like 1

Mitas 80/80-14.

I probably could of fit a 80/90.

I wanted to add that I used “STANS NO TUBES” tire sealant before install and it made the install very easy.

9E8B67DB-EB12-45FC-AF98-07765144F27C.jpeg

Edited by Boostnsvt
Stans
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going through my EXN HT now. I just got it. Some good ideas here thanks. I'm filing down a little bit of the shell to allow the wire to run in straight line over above the control board. Adding grease to the bearings as they were nearly dry. Looking at additional heat sinking I'm waiting on some top notch thermal paste. But I was surprised that the control board is attached with 6 little self tapers. So I'm going to drill through the original heat sink through the shell and bolt it down. 

I was concerned about how loose the shell was 'torqued' to the hangers but maybe to save crushing the plastic.

I also use a non corrosive silicone to secure the capacitors I have seen them snap off. They are subject to vibrations and the legs fatigue.

Also the battery pack BMS looks a little bit exposed there are some chips poking through the shrink wrap. They built up around them with foam but I will do something extra.

There are so many opportunities for improvements from gotway. I heard they hadn't improved much since I bought my monster v3. But surely it's been a few years and the power levels have increased by a fair margin but seeing it for myself.....😞.

It and HT came with a CST El cheapo tyre like the monster.

So I ordered a shinko. See how it goes maybe get a Michelin later.

I was tossing up between EXN and Hero. And honestly I think now I should have gotten the Hero. I valued range more than suspension though. 

I took the control board off and think the 6 self tappers are enough because it’s so light…like feather light. 

Overall it’s kind of disappointing to see all of these minor issues after spending $2500. It also made me second-guess my purchase, however after I completed addressing these issues, not only was I even happier that I decided to buy the EXN, I believe that besides the weight distribution and front light brightness, it’s a perfect EUC. It has excellent range, excellent weight, excellent speed, excellent maneuverability, excellent weather/water protection, a pedal high clearance and outstanding durability.

Oh and I would recommend a street tire, unless you regularly travel up 20% or more inclines that have gravel or sand. I can make it up 15-20% inclines on sand, with the street tire on the speed version.

Edited by Boostnsvt

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 12:16 AM, Boostnsvt said:

I was able to find a valve for the tubeless tire. I found it on a scooter website by measuring the diameter of the hole in the rim for the valve, which was about 8.5mm. The valves are sold based on a diameter range like 8.9mm-10mm.

Nice work on your EXN! I was wondering if you had a link or name for the tubeless valve you got? I'm trying to do the same with mine.

Thanks!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The wheel well was 100x41x8mm and the inside one was 100x40x30mm.

On summer days from 94-98 Fahrenheit (34-36c) the highest temp I ever saw it go to, was 54 Celsius, but it usually hangs around 52.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Boost

I just received my ExN HT took her apart and greases the bearings. Was going to do the breathable waterproof mesh over the board. How did it work? Also have you done the freestyler firmware or just the gotway? How have all your mods worked out? Wish you had done more or less? Anything helps

• 6 months later...