Veteran wheels beeper status over Bluetooth

supercurio

43 minutes ago, Charg1na said:

Howdy, I have updated my firmware.  I have set the PWM for 75%, yes very cautious.  i have completed a free spin and yes the wheel beeped for PWM and shut down at just over 90km/hr.  I then repeated the same event with my phone connected, using DarknessBot and my headset connected.  no beeps on phone or vibration alert nor anything through the headset - yes it beeped from the wheel.  Is there something i am missing or not doing right?

You can do this through settings in the app. Click settings in the bottom right corner, then Device. There you can set vibrations and sounds. There is even an option for voice, but I havent tried it myself.

However the kicker is that these are locked behind a paywall. You need premium for these features and that shit runs you 35€. EUC World afaik offers these for free (but it also has a paid version, 25€/year) which has me considering buying a cheap android phone for like 100€. Plus that would let me use that on my wrist for navigation while sharing wifi from my iphone. In the case of a crash I'd probably prefer to break the cheaper android phone.

I do not have an issue with paid features, but as it stands Darknessbot is pretty useless for a free user. I do not either believe that you should be charging an obscene amount like 35€ for these features. EUC riders are getting bent over with pricing with pads, pedals and the wheels themselves already as it is.

Edited by Anthraksi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I now have this working again.  It’s my settings that were out.  With the change of wheel, Darkness reset all the settings.  I was thinking “yeah it’s set right” and in third level menu it was on default - off.  So happy days.

For the next person, go through all your menu trees to the bitter end and look.  As even on the second level menus saying yes to beeps on PWM, the next level sets the % and check it has not reset.

thanks to everyone for your feedback