v10f problem

davered

rode today thru some muddy stuff. was cleaning wheel off with brush- with wheel turned off. wheel now won't turn on with power button. 

if I plug it into charge it charges, when disconnect charger the power comes on by itself, wheel tilts in small steps while beeping 3 times then turning off. only had the wheel a week 😞

any ideas what's up. just learned to ride this last week and now this.. gutted.

• Upvote 1

your wheel might be clogged with mud that has dried out enough to jam it in place. KEEP IT TURNED OFF.

Lay it on its side and use a rope or rag to try to sweep the mud out (think: dental floss technique, the tire is a tooth, try to get the floss between the tire and fender). Don't use water until you've got it mostly cleared, or if there's no other way. In any event, don't use high pressure water—slow hose flow at most, and have the wheel upright when trying to rinse it out. Don't let the wheel accidentally turn on while you're doing this!

And cross your fingers it's mud.

Edited by Tawpie

@davered simple answer: water in the power button.

Make sure you leave your wheel in a way that it won't spin or fall when turned on, because you can expect it to turn on and off by itself during the next few days!
The reason why it tilts back is that because the board detects the power button not being released as expected and shows the error by tilting back.

Fortunately, it's mostly harmless and will likely just solve itself. There might be ways to accelerate the process and avoid potential corrosion, if you're in a rush.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, supercurio said:

@davered simple answer: water in the power button.

Make sure you leave your wheel in a way that it won't spin or fall when turned on, because you can expect it to turn on and off by itself during the next few days!
The reason why it tilts back is that because the board detects the power button not being released as expected and shows the error by tilting back.

Fortunately, it's mostly harmless and will likely just solve itself. There might be ways to accelerate the process and avoid potential corrosion, if you're in a rush.

thanks very much, will leave it flat so it doesn't zoom round the house. 🤣

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, davered said:

thanks very much, will leave it flat so it doesn't zoom round the house. 🤣

At least that's my best guess. It happened to mine as well after a cleaning session but I didn't try to plug the charger to see the result so I can't compare 100%.

Let us know how it evolves!

still no joy. stripped it to get access to control board. unplugged connectors. plugged them back in. power button then works, wheel turns on. but short lived. when you turn it off after a while the lights on the control board go out, then won't turn back on again.. 

Sorry but i must agree with "alcatraz" i repaired a lot of V10 and they have BMS problems, in 2 battery packs with black BMS i had 2 cells drown below 3V, and it was the same cells in both 2 packs i think it wasnt coincedence. There is high propability that your battery pack is unballanced, in this time it propably can be fixed except BMS. If you have green BMS all pack can be repaired unless one of cells goes below 2.5v.

• Like 1