Anyone having issues with others wanting to ride their EUC?

Glock43x

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I’m sure this is heavily a cultural thing. In public EUC meets everybody let’s everybody to try even the newest wheels. If someone is unsure of their own skills, they won’t try. Same goes for group rides, we sometimes switch for a few minutes. Then again, usually even the new guys are someone familiar dude’s friends.

Absolutely! And that is what surprised me at my first big EUC meeting. There was a Dutch guy with an inmotion v11 (one of maybe the first 10 in Europe). He just answered: "Go ahead". I acquired that behaviour of trust and generosity.

The people I let ride are mostly known be me. Mostly.

I also tried to make my EUCs crashproof.

I think in Germany the risk of a theft is not that high, especially with EUC. That is nothing I am worried about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

I always go out of my way if i see a new rider on an EUC getting all sorts of attention. 

I'll join the few people or sometimes small crowd and when it's a little less busy i will, in the politest manner and with my most trustworthy facial expression, request to try it. Getting on it i'll act like a complete noob and the second i have both feet on it i take off, and come back a good 1 minute or so later. You gotta make 'em sweat you kno.

Needles to say i returned their expensive vehicle 1-2 minutes later, and gave them a little talk about trust in 2022, and about how popular that vehicle in fact is. 

Yeah theft is a big worry, which is why I don't let anyone try riding it unless I know them, or I'm with someone who has a faster vehicle than mine that could potentially chase them if they're a thief and actually know how to ride. Depending on the neighborhood and the feel I get from someone I change my answer when they inevitably ask "how much is one of those", so I'm not telling a thief this thing they could fit in their back seat is worth over $2k. If I'm with my riding group though I'll definitely let an interested stranger try riding it on my shoulder and talking about the wheel/the hobby

• Like 2

In the meantime... over in Brisbane... a couple of riders take being noobs to try out an EUC (from a local dealer)...

Please excuse the Australian vernacular!

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 1