Sherman/EUCW battery percentage

Planemo

I have been playing around with my Sherman, EUCW and battery percentages tonight.

If I set EUCW to 'standard' (I will disregard any 'optimised' settings) it currently shows 50%.

If I select 'custom value' and set min/max to 79.2/100.8 (assuming 3.3v per cell as 'dead') it shows 40%.

So the standard setting equates to around 3.1v per cell which I believe is well under the stock min voltage.

So what gives?

Does the Sherman tilt back at 3.3v or is it totally dead at 3.3v? I honestly don't know because I have never run it that low. But until I know, I can't make a decision as to whether I use custom levels or leave it in 'standard' config.

Until now, I thought the 'standard' setting used 3.3v as minimum but it clearly doesnt.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

• Upvote 1

Ah great thanks. I thought 3.3 was the point at which the wheel tilts back or worse, shuts down. Your use of 3.15 as minimum makes good sense to me, that is what I will use too, albeit thats very similar to the EUCW 'standard' setting.

Dont know where I got 3.3v from, maybe its an old GW figure and it stuck, especially given the Veteran connections to GW. 

Many thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

I forgot at which voltage the beeps start however. 79, or 77V?
Depending on how annoying a rider would find these beeps, it could also be a target for a custom 0% setting

The low voltage beeps start @ 78V according to Veteran's spec sheet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fbhb said:

The low voltage beeps start @ 78V according to Veteran's spec sheet.

Interesting. I think beeps would really annoy me so in that case I think I will go with 78v (3.25v per cell) as my 0% rather than the stock ish 3.1v. Cheers

• Like 1