riding watch

Dogmaticjoe

I know that some people use the pebble watch for euc world but that company went out of business and they are annoying to get, and I don't really want to buy a $200 watch or strap my entire phone to my wrist for a ride. People are making all these pads, euc covers, cnc pedals, and many other attachments, but nobody has come up with a barebones smart watch that can at least display just speed and battery? I have literally seen horrible exercise watches at the dollar store with displays on them that have enough room on them for that, and all they need is some Bluetooth adapter and some code to display like 2 sets of numbers speed and battery, I don't need anything else and I don't think most people do either. Just slap some extra battery on it and it would be great.

7 hours ago, Dogmaticjoe said:

I know that some people use the pebble watch for euc world but that company went out of business and they are annoying to get, and I don't really want to buy a $200 watch or strap my entire phone to my wrist for a ride. People are making all these pads, euc covers, cnc pedals, and many other attachments, but nobody has come up with a barebones smart watch that can at least display just speed and battery? I have literally seen horrible exercise watches at the dollar store with displays on them that have enough room on them for that, and all they need is some Bluetooth adapter and some code to display like 2 sets of numbers speed and battery, I don't need anything else and I don't think most people do either. Just slap some extra battery on it and it would be great.

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/

thank you @Chriull :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjdcSiPKgE4

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 11:27 AM, enaon said:

yes this is suported, and yes euc world works, slow refresh and read only, but works ok for tour logging.

please follow this thread for more questions. 

How do you tell what a watch is? P22A/B/C/D I don't see this on any of the pages and want to know what the one I am getting is.

Edited by Dogmaticjoe

6 minutes ago, Dogmaticjoe said:

do you tell what a watch is? P22A/B/C/D

no way to tell before it arrives, this is one of the greatest challenges this project has to overcome, they change revisions and hardware parts like it is nothing.

yet, all p22 up to now are supported, you will find your version on the about screen on the watch on the original firmware, or by installing the dafit companion app (the Chinese app)from playstore once to get it. 

you will find me online on telegram* for support if something is not working, so don't worry too much. 

"euc.gr eucWatch testing" group on telegram

Edited by enaon

@Dogmaticjoe, just to be sure this is what you are after, this watch is not a companion watch for a phone app, it is a standalone client, no phone is needed, it directly connects to the wheel, on Kingsongs is also has a full client for settings, embedded safety alarms and so on.  

but yes, EUC World can also connect to the watch (not the wheel) while the watch is connected to the wheel.

Edited by enaon

@enaon I did everything up to the point of installing the files on git hub where you press install all apps and all that pops up at the bottom of my phone screen says enabling flash player and nothing else to show if anything is or was downloaded is that correct?

Also when I tried disconnecting after waiting to see if my screen would turn on it didn't work and my device is not reconnecting and I can't tell why. I cant even tell if the watch is on or off since the screen is black or if the power button on the side is working.

Edited by Dogmaticjoe

1 hour ago, Dogmaticjoe said:

@enaon I did everything up to the point of installing the files on git hub where you press install all apps and all that pops up at the bottom of my phone screen says enabling flash player and nothing else to show if anything is or was downloaded is that correct?

Also when I tried disconnecting after waiting to see if my screen would turn on it didn't work and my device is not reconnecting and I can't tell why. I cant even tell if the watch is on or off since the screen is black or if the power button on the side is working.

are you using a chrome browser?

asking for flash makes little sense, the site is not using flash. If you are using an iphone then webBluetooth is not supported without a paid app, so better use an android, a pc, a mac, or maybe and ipad, this will work too I think. Connect, then press the install all apps button. Chromium based browsers only. 

(forget about doing part one again (the 4 steps), this was an one time thing)

Edited by enaon

1 hour ago, Dogmaticjoe said:

is their a way to maybe start the whole process over from the start? it just tells me no compatible device found even though it did the first time.

The correct thread already exists.  Maybe read this place first:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/18415-standalone-bandwatch/?do=findComment&comment=387572

On 11/5/2021 at 4:20 AM, Dogmaticjoe said:

Search for EUCWatch and but a 20 dollar P8 watch.