RC charger?

Jason V

Hello, new to EUC, I have a high end battery charger mainly used for RC. It charges any batteries.  Could I make my own cord for the v11 and set to lion batts and charge at 5.0amp? Just curious about the 3 wire because the charger is always 2 plug.

Sorry if this has been discussed, I couldn't find anything on it.

• Like 2

With how dangrous these batteries can be when improperly managed, I wouldnt risk it.  Idr if the v11 is 100v wheel, but i do know that MOST chargers arent even close to 100v 5amp output. My suggest is to find a charger designed for the wheel and save the other charger for its design intents. I'd guess the 3rd wire is a comms wire. I do konw that they woudnt have bothered having a 3rd wire, if there wasnt a decent reason for it. I use my ewheels charger to charge my mtens and my scooter, so its not THAT particular per model at least. Of course, they are both 67v. My Bmax r/c charger cant even come close to being usefull for ANY of my wheels. It also has a few balance leads, but the wheel has a bms, so that doesnt help.  Stock charger isnt too expensive and its a somewhat safe bet. It SUPPOSED to work for the v11 at least.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Only two of the pins on the V11 chargers are connected. Just like on practically all EUC chargers, the pinout is proprietary, and you need either a charger designed for the V11, or a lot more knowledge in order to make a suitable adapter to be used with a suitable charger. Unless your intention is to make a bomb.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jason V said:

Could I make my own cord for the v11 and set to lion batts and charge at 5.0amp?

If your li ion charger is capable of providing 84V and 5A it will work - if it's capable of charging 20s li ion cells.

If not it won't work.out.

I'd strongly assume a

high end battery charger mainly used for RC

won't fit as at rc normally (afai believe) lower as 20s configurations are used.

Edit: Ps.: Should be stated in your chargers manual what's possible and what's not.

What we are guessing is quite meaningless :(

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 2

Just curious about the 3 wire because the charger is always 2 plug.

It only uses two of the wires. 

1 positive 

2 not used 

3 negative 

Edited by RockyTop