I got my new s18 in.. Is rumbling normal?

No1up

This is my first ever EUC. I think I set up the suspension and just practicing by a wall. It's smooth and quite going forward but makes a rumbling sound and feels like something is rubbing when breaking or going backwards.. is this normal? 

What would you recommend for a 220lb rider with about 10 to 15lb of gear.. maybe 20lb of gear. 

Just back and forth on my wall. Quickly but not far.. 

Fender to tire clearance? Does it do it when you simply go one direction and not back and forth? DOes it do it when you trolley unloaded? Most wheels make a small 'grumble' when moving back and forth or near staitionary. Typically its just the gyros working the motor in tiny increments. It sounds like a small grumble or rattle, not quite a rubbing noise.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Fender to tire clearance? Does it do it when you simply go one direction and not back and forth? DOes it do it when you trolley unloaded? Most wheels make a small 'grumble' when moving back and forth or near staitionary. Typically its just the gyros working the motor in tiny increments. It sounds like a small grumble or rattle, not quite a rubbing noise.

Yeah like a grumbling only going backwards 

15 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

If you are rocking back and forth quickly, the motor will make a low rumble. High torque (steep grades) do that.

I just noticed the tire pressure really low. Can I pump that with the shock pump? Or should I go buy a bigger unit? I have an air compressor but I wouldn't want to over do it. 

Yeah that’s a shraeder (sp ?) valve on that pump, and if you unlock the ring, it’ll pump more volume per stroke.

A valve stem extension makes it a whole lot easier to get pump connected to valve stem. 

Best,

17 hours ago, No1up said:

Yeah like a grumbling only going backwards 

can you put your hand on the fender as you roll backwards and still feel it? Im just curious if its just the fender? Iirc the fender moves with the tire. You can always let all the air out of the tire and try again. WIth no air, the tire will be smaller and if its a minor rub, it may stop rubbing and you have your answer. If nothing changes, its obviously something else. Apologies, I dont own an s18, so I cant help much more than I already haven't.

• Like 1

Fixed it. It was on experienced mode. Put ot riding and it went away. 

On that note. Anyone want to buy a very new used for an hour s18? I got it to have fun and I'll be honest here... not a whole lot of fun.. like none at all. 

wow. bummer. Are you certain? The learning curve is steep when you're starting out, but the reward is commensurate. Stick with it for a bit, get to where you can go and turn...

I'd maybe be interested but I want a suspension wheel with more battery so I'm waiting for another year. If the price is can't miss though, I have my place in line, right????

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1