SOLD Inmotion V10 in Edmonton, Alberta

• 2 weeks later...

if you’re willing to ship to the US, as well as stating your price in USD may help you get some more traction.

ive seen used v10’s sell for as low as $600 for the worst examples, and as high as $950 for the best ones recently. New sells for $1200 apparently.... but it’s a model that’s a little long in the tooth and less sought after. Makes a great starter wheel though. 

@Vagabond Elf I hope you stick with it. Learning to ride was super painful and daunting for me, mainly because I didn't stupid stuff...

(I once bailed by jumping off in front of the wheel. Never do that cause it's gonna hit your foot, really hard.)

...and I hated everyone looking at me falling off my wheel like a spaz. But now riding an EUC is my most favorite thing to do.

Edited by Esso

On 7/21/2021 at 10:50 PM, Psychogenic said:

^ Related to the above - willing to ship to the US?

Also new to the EUC economy but given the price range @Denny Paul gave maybe $800 USD plus shipping?

Sorry for the lagged reply - it seems my spam filter is catching notifications from this board.

Shipping to 90210 (because I needed a ZIP code to put into the website and I'm old enough that that one is seared into my brain) would be 150 CDN.  Shipping costs to other states might vary a bit, but should be close. That would mean a total price of 1650 CDN, which according to Google, [i]right now[/i] would be 1360-ish USD.  Your bank is probably not going to give you that rate, though.

I'd be willing to accept 1250 USD, shipped.  I know that's high, but my interest is in what I get in CDN, not what that actually costs in USD.

Also, importing things with Lithium batteries in them can be messy, and so I would require a US buyer to explicitly acknowledge that it is not my fault if the thing gets stopped at customs, and that I will only refund whatever value I get back.  If Canada Post brings it back to me saying "We're keeping the shipping charge, and you owe us another 100$ for bringing it back to you" then that 250$ would come out of the buyer's pocket, not mine.

In short, I'm willing to try sending it to America but I don't actually think it's a good idea and I'm not willing to risk any financial losses in the attempt.

I hope that doesn't sound cranky! I do appreciate people trying to be helpful.  I think what I really need to do is learn how to use things like Kijiji, though - I suspect I'm just not hitting a wide enough local audience here.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Vagabond Elf said:

Sorry for the lagged reply - it seems my spam filter is catching notifications from this board.

Shipping to 90210 (because I needed a ZIP code to put into the website and I'm old enough that that one is seared into my brain) would be 150 CDN.  Shipping costs to other states might vary a bit, but should be close. That would mean a total price of 1650 CDN, which according to Google, [i]right now[/i] would be 1360-ish USD.  Your bank is probably not going to give you that rate, though.

I'd be willing to accept 1250 USD, shipped.  I know that's high, but my interest is in what I get in CDN, not what that actually costs in USD.

Also, importing things with Lithium batteries in them can be messy, and so I would require a US buyer to explicitly acknowledge that it is not my fault if the thing gets stopped at customs, and that I will only refund whatever value I get back.  If Canada Post brings it back to me saying "We're keeping the shipping charge, and you owe us another 100$ for bringing it back to you" then that 250$ would come out of the buyer's pocket, not mine.

In short, I'm willing to try sending it to America but I don't actually think it's a good idea and I'm not willing to risk any financial losses in the attempt.

I hope that doesn't sound cranky! I do appreciate people trying to be helpful.  I think what I really need to do is learn how to use things like Kijiji, though - I suspect I'm just not hitting a wide enough local audience here.

Just to let you know that I've bought and sold many times across the border to reassure you won't have any problems with shipping batteries.

I also never got anything lost in transit 

The main issue is the Canadian customs when we import stuff.. this country has a stupid outdated custom policy. Anything above 40$ (!!) Is stuck with takes ...dumb..

But I think in the us it's 800$.

Finally, I think it's quite easy to find a V10/f in the us for around 900/1000usd. You might take that in consideration in your asking price.

Have a good sale!

8 hours ago, Eric plam said:

Just to let you know that I've bought and sold many times across the border to reassure you won't have any problems with shipping batteries.

I also never got anything lost in transit 

The main issue is the Canadian customs when we import stuff.. this country has a stupid outdated custom policy. Anything above 40$ (!!) Is stuck with takes ...dumb..

But I think in the us it's 800$.

Finally, I think it's quite easy to find a V10/f in the us for around 900/1000usd. You might take that in consideration in your asking price.

Have a good sale!

Is it up to 40$ before GST kicks in? It used to be 20$.

And, of course, Canada is hardly alone in that.  The EU just dropped the threshold to 0 - [i]all[/i] imports to the EU now owe VAT regardless of their value.

Honestly, the American threshold of several hundred dollars is the outdated and unusual policy.  (Regarding sales taxes, anyway.  Import tariffs are a different story.  And no, charging GST on an import is not an import tariff. )

@Psychogenic : I really don't expect anyone in the States to think that's a good deal.  I'll give this a couple more weeks to try and find a local buyer, and if it's still just sunk capital at that point I'll do some rethinking.  Thanks for the kind words!

I’m from Chilliwack BC  there are not many used wheels for sale in Canada and there is a lot of people watching and thinking about trying a wheel. 
price it right and word of mouth, it could be your neighbour kid is looking for one

• Vagabond Elf changed the title to SOLD Inmotion V10 in Edmonton, Alberta