My KS is unmotivated :)

Aztek

In the ks app's section for the pick up kill switch there's mode menu containing very mysterious options: unmotivated, microbalance, damping.

Mine is, for some reason, unmotivated by default.

Does anybody has any idea what these might be?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Made me run out to see if mine is unmotivated, but the mode drop down doesn’t drop down for a 16x (iOS app). Guess mine is beyond unmotivated.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Haha 2

Ride mode?

Unmotivated: can't make the pedals move, they really really don't want to (hard)
Microbalance: exactly right smack dab between unmotivated and damping, within a gnat's eyelash (medium)
Damping: you lean and the pedals lean with you, but do eventually level out (soft)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

To clarify the topic.

I found out what are these about finally.

It is about the handle pick up behaviour. In s18 when the handle is halfway pulled up it goes as follows:

Unmotivated - the motor is cut off;

Microbalance - balance is maintained, but is easy to overpower it. If picked up the wheel starts turning slowly and gently;

Damped - the balance is kept, but very weakly. Effortlessly overpowered. When picked up, the wheel do not turn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine is neither motivated nor unmotivated.

On the other hand, from time to time i have these funny menu items in my Kingsong app.   Cruise control, Slip Start (??)  Accelerator intensity adjusment....   I guess they belong to scooters and probably (again)

demonstrates the lack of debugging the app properly ;)

Screenshot_20220402-180544.thumb.png.eaf33a51ffcb1406cc6de0a35164e9fa.png

Edited by Robse

23 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Best thing I've seen in a long time! Thank you! I hate unmotivated, damped will be so much better.

If I hadn’t read thru the thread first, I would’ve thought that you are advocating for depression medications. :lol:

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/15/2022 at 9:29 AM, Aztek said:

It is about the handle pick up behaviour. In s18 when the handle is halfway pulled up it goes as follows:

Unmotivated - the motor is cut off;

Microbalance - balance is maintained, but is easy to overpower it. If picked up the wheel starts turning slowly and gently;

Damped - the balance is kept, but very weakly. Effortlessly overpowered. When picked up, the wheel do not turn.

What does overpower mean in this context? Overpowering as in riding and then leaning too much forward when the EUC can't add more speed?

Is the idea for this Unmotivated/Microbalance/Dampled selection so that the user would sometimes like to ride while the handle is halfway pulled up, for some additional support?

You mentioned the handle needs to be halfway pulled up. Does this mean these settings don't apply when the handle is completely down or completely up?

For what I tested with me KS-14D, I didn't notice any difference between the behavior of the motor when the handle is down, and lifting the wheel with initial forward speed or without speed, or lifting up slowly or quickly. All three settings behaved the same way. So I don't understand what you mean by "when picked up, the wheel do not turn", how is it possible to pick up the wheel if the handle is halfway pulled up?

• Like 2

On the s18 - 

1. handle down - riding mode.

2. handle pulled up ~ 2” - lift mode. One of mine does not balance at all. Nor does the wheel turn when lifted. The other “sort of” balances, and the wheel turns slowly when lifted. 
3. handle at trolley height - wheel balances.

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2023 at 3:14 PM, jimoil said:

What does overpower mean in this context? Overpowering as in riding and then leaning too much forward when the EUC can't add more speed?

Means literally overpower it by pushing with hand. You can't ride it in this mode.

On 7/7/2023 at 3:14 PM, jimoil said:

You mentioned the handle needs to be halfway pulled up. Does this mean these settings don't apply when the handle is completely down or completely up?

Exactly.