I'm just wondering if there's any news on whats coming next? I like how comfortable the gotway monster is but dont want to buy one right now if another one is coming out soon. I will need to buy a more comfortable wheel for my long trips. Maybe I'll try to find a used 1600wh monster for cheap and buy a v2 monster if it ever comes out.

• Like 1

What I’ve heard from the distributors in the past, is that selling Gotway (at the time) was frustrating because they might order a boatload of new wheels from GW, just to learn the next week that the model they ordered has now been replaced with a new model, out immediately.

So unless their behavior has changed since, it does seem that getting any info from future models is extremely difficult and based mostly on just rumors and expectations.

Begode/Gotway are constantly doing minor revisions like a new board layout, new firmware, other small adaptions. Or just use whatever parts they happen to have lieing around at the time.

As for the Monster specifically, the Monster Pro is pretty new (before that, there were the Monster v1, v2, and v3). I don't expect a "new" Monster soon.

Best to stay away from 1st batch new wheels, as that's when they are most likely to make some notable revisions/improvements to the original design. The Monster Pro is beyond that now.

• Like 1

Yes general rule of thumb is if you have the patience wait to version 2 at minimum for any wheel.  It really should not be like this I don't know another industry like this such as bikes, electric scooters Segway etc.  This poor quality control can only be combatted  by riders refusing to be crash dummies maybe poor sales is the most influential way we can speak to manufacturer's like Gotway. This will translate to distributor orders and get back to the decision makers as the things that speak the most to upper management is profits.

Just my 2cents.

• Like 1