Buy a euc from private person?

pressbyron

Hey!

I got a good deal on a new inmotion v10f (like 850$) from a private person. Its apparently new in the box and have warrenty from inmotion?

Why he is selling is "bought a big batch for family and friends and have some spare".

Does this sound fishy? Feels like the prics is very low to me... 

21 minutes ago, pressbyron said:

Hey!

I got a good deal on a new inmotion v10f (like 850$) from a private person. Its apparently new in the box and have warrenty from inmotion?

"Warranty from inmotion"(if this true at all) cannot be compared to any kind of legal enforcable customer protection/warranty we are used here.

Why he is selling is "bought a big batch for family and friends and have some spare".

Because buying a batch directly from inmotion is cheaper?!

Does this sound fishy? Feels like the prics is very low to me... 

Could be inmotion is happy to clear their stocks - the V12 is already about to come.

And markups from european shops are quite high.

But yes - there is much cheating going on, too. So who knows...

• Like 2

Fishy? Probably not. EUCs are quite niche and it’s be a low yield way to scam someone. But just like any second hand purchase, be smart about it. Public place, know what you’re looking for etc.

$850 for even a new v10 would be a great deal new, let alone a v10f. Don’t factor in the warranty really. Maybe if you have an issue it could be covered but it is unlikely without a dealer.

If I was looking for my first wheel I’d buy it. Look online to what they’re supposed to look like. As long as it looks like that you should be good. There’s no cheap knock offs that come close to the same look to worry about. 

It is a personal qustion: Is the money you save worth the risk of a possible warranty case? In case of a warranty issue as Denny stated above, you really want a local dealer an not spent many dollars (shipping) and time to correspond with any chinese factory. The 10F is a reliable wheel, if it works out of the box, the is just a minium of a risk to have a failure in the first xxxkm. I would ask for the bill...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fahrtwind said:

It is a personal qustion: Is the money you save worth the risk of a possible warranty case? In case of a warranty issue as Denny stated above, you really want a local dealer an not spent many dollars (shipping) and time to correspond with any chinese factory. The 10F is a reliable wheel, if it works out of the box, the is just a minium of a risk to have a failure in the first xxxkm. I would ask for the bill...

If you ask the seller to ride it for you after you open it, that basically settles it.

1) if it works out of the box, many major issues are ruled out.

2) the seller will be literally betting his face that the machine works, which should give you all the confidence you could ever hope for with a private sale.

If you want to be extra extra sure, charge the wheel up to full if you can, or ask the seller to before the meeting. If it charges to 100% or at least above 95% you’re good to go.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pressbyron said:

Thanks for all the input above!

Is there any way of indentifying a v10 vs a v10f by visual apperance?
So i do not get a v10 with me :D

Seems to be just the batteries - ewheels.com states:

"

What is the difference between the V10 & V10F
The number of battery cells in the two models has the same 80 cells. To achieve the 960Wh higher capacity, Inmotion used the LG MH1 3.2Ah cells, while the V10 is packaged with a 650Wh pack consisting of battery cells from Sincpower."

Could be that apps like Darknessbot(ios), EUC World/wheellog(android) or the inmotion app itself can show the model!

As you should use this anyhow to check battery voltage/charge % (seller should charge fully before exchange). Afaik inmotion app has some diagnosis functionality, too?

• Like 1

The box it comes in is labeled V10F, the wheel itself has a label on the top right by the handle displaying V10F, I think the documentation states it. Blue tooth will show up as V10F and so will EUC World app. I just confirmed all of that besides the documentation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roadpower said:

The box it comes in is labeled V10F, the wheel itself has a label on the top right by the handle displaying V10F, I think the documentation states it. Blue tooth will show up as V10F and so will EUC World app. I just confirmed all of that besides the documentation.

super useful! thanks!

• Like 1