Cover for 18XL from eGOtekteker

null

Got this as I was tired that my EUCs got banged up by friends and family (still like to ride with them).
As it is intended for occasional use I went for this low cost version at 50€ shipped.

The design is a bit different from Roll.nz, at least its not a total rip off. The seams are covered with reflective ribbon and the openings for LEDs etc are multiple small rather that few and large. The elastic bands holding the EUC from underneath seem fragile and doesn't grab much. There is an extra layer at the pad area, which might be nice, but on my copy it is about 50% off down.

The material is a bit thin, about 2mm. Seems enough for smaller crashes and protect the housing. I'll probably add a layer of yoga matt inside in case of total beginners.

Fitting is way too tight, it much be my copy, but still a bit bad quality control. It is so tight it already have started ripping close to the mud guard. So I can not recommend it as it is, however if the review their fitting a bit it could be an ok low cost alternative.

IMG_0184.thumb.jpg.74fa7fd696f413f940493aefda8ab275.jpg

IMG_0182.thumb.jpg.e612cdd617ef3a4964f78255030ce96a.jpg

IMG_0186.thumb.jpg.d5503d71651b2aceaa57249d49fc8d79.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg.1f2495f036526dc428959e2e85f4151f.jpg

IMG_0174.thumb.jpg.ed8dab8088d30f6c92dcef7cbdb5e9cb.jpg

IMG_0183.thumb.jpg.94764369208a840c8f7963a3e5edde5d.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

Edited by null
  • Like 1

• null changed the title to Cover for 18XL from eGOtekteker

Not bad, obviously needs some tweaking. Looks like it is pulling the mud flap into the wheel. I have to take my Roll.NZ cover over off and clean it. I know that currently the bottom flaps aren't doing so well staying in place. Hopefully when I pull it and clean it, it will recover its shape to regain hold. Otherwise I will have to attempt a modification.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roadpower said:

Looks like it is pulling the mud flap into the wheel.

Yes it worried me, after some pulling and pushing it isn't as close at least..
But the whole thing is clearly too tight. They probably wanted to avoid the crumples they have on the store photos, but went too far.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Roadpower said:

Not bad, obviously needs some tweaking. Looks like it is pulling the mud flap into the wheel. I have to take my Roll.NZ cover over off and clean it. I know that currently the bottom flaps aren't doing so well staying in place. Hopefully when I pull it and clean it, it will recover its shape to regain hold. Otherwise I will have to attempt a modification.

My RollNZ gets a little loose at the bottom over time as well. I've been contemplating some double sided tape on the flaps. It stays on fine, I think its my ocd kicking in. I'm overly happy with mine tho, and talk about great service. It takes a special kind of store owner to deal with my incessant hounding!

I wonder what the thought process behind so many damn little holes on the ego? From what I gather, the GOOD neoprene is pricey and special order. How much was this version of cover? Definitely better than bare wheel I'm sure. Nothing wrong with choices, thanks for sharing!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 10:31 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

wonder what the thought process behind so many damn little holes on the ego? From what I gather, the GOOD neoprene is pricey and special order. How much was this version of cover?

The small holes have the benefit of not having to align to each LED as they make a mesh. But they might take away too much material in their current form, at least if the cover pulls a bit too much..

Anyhow, it was 50€ shipped, which is decent enough considering it must be a small run. Just a bit annoying to have gotten a too tight one.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Double sided tape + yoga mat = amazing cheap cover, that you don't have to remove ever.

Simply cut any form you want, and tape it on.

If you want, you can even use door mats for more rigged protection. xD

My dad did that, the wheel looks like fuzzy monster. xD Same time it looks cool.

If you don't look closer, it looks like it should be like that.

Edited by Funky

I always thought those cover's look ugly, and only thing they protect are small scrapes.. If you really crash at speed nothing will help from real damage.

As i mention double sided tape + any kind of mat, is better result.

Especially if you take your time cutting, connecting the mat. End result is alright and looks better.. And it doesn't move around at all.

+ If you tape over connections, where plastic meets plastic, it becomes more water resistant. xD

Tip> If you use the tape, clean the wheel with alcohol or spirit, the tape holds much, much better. (Wish i did that at start)