My Sherman mods

Planemo

@Planemo thanks for the mention about the need for the rim check in your topic. Great to see that you're already personalizing your Sherman, but I knew you would from what you have done with your wheels in the past!

Another safety check/important mod to look out for is relating to the side panels/BMS issue. Your wheel may or may not have the inside of the side panels updated by the Veteran factory, so it's important to check if you have not done so already. I'll link you to a post explaining what's required if you need to do the mod yourself: 

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

Ah! Yes you're right, I had seen your panel thread and did check mine when I removed them just to have a look around inside (and add the cable wrap on the batt link wires).

My panels did not have the ribs. As it happens, I noticed that they had not been removed manually, they had actually been moulded without them. I could just about see the witness marks where the mould had been modified :)

• Like 1

Just started modding my Sherman with some XL Sai pads,Chris Chaput spiked pedal and some Jadsinka protectors.Whilst spraying the new parts red i decided to do a little maintenanance. Dremeled out the shell,and tightened everything up again.The pedal grub screws were so loose.The screws under the pedal hangers that hold the frame together are wood selftappers .One "fell out" and was lost to never be seen again.Dodgy Qc.The pedal hangar screws were tight on one side but forgot to do the other after putting the case on.The interior was amazingly clean and free of any dust /dirt/crap!Any way another coat of paint for the bits and time to reseat that bitch of a tyre again as its riding like its been Fxxxxd by a mountain goat in the rut!. Havent got a proper seat yet but am hopin some more technically minded will produce one for the non-height challenged!

On 5/26/2021 at 3:06 AM, Daley1 said:

Havent got a proper seat yet but am hopin some more technically minded will produce one for the non-height challenged!

If you find one, let a guy know. I'm 6'4 and finding it tough to find a solution. The clark version of the luna seat looks promising. Which have you dimissed?

the LK oem is crap and small,Zoom wheels is priced outa this world and fasteners seem a bit dodgy.Waiting on the gunslinger to get back to me and the fpv 2.5 to see if that gos into production.

Love the Chris Chaput spiked pedals!

U shouldnt be riding a Sherman without them! They bring a new sense of grip and security to high speed riding. Do urself a favour and GET some!

• 3 weeks later...