Inmotion V8 vs Inmotion V11

Easy pheasy is the word, IMO ofcos. 3yrs ride time, you'll be flyin on the V11 (or anyother wheels for that matter 'ceptin maybe the Mten3) within 1/2hr at worst.

O & welcome to the forum

Edited by Scottie888
  • Like 1

You’ll be fine. BUT brace yourself to likely hate the wheel for the first few times out. It’s going to feel weird and different in a lot of ways. You’re going to feel oddly tall, and the wheel may feel lazy, like you have to put more effort into leaning on it more to get it to wake up. You’ll get used to it if you put the time and effort in. If you do, you’ll be rewarded with a solid upgrade. It’s faster, more comfortable, more stable, and it lets you confidently cover new paths without worrying about every little bump.

Eventually, you’ll wonder why the hell you rode a v8 for 3 years. 

• Like 3

First the V11 will feel very sluggish. Like you cannot get it to move and it just doesn't accelerate. Also at curves the wheel will feel like it wants to stay upright and you have to force it to lean. But you will adapt in about 100-200 km and after that the V8 will feel like a toy. Keep the V8 as a backup and for small errands. Practice especially braking on the V11 before really going fast in traffic. Pads will help controlling it. 

• Like 1

Technology keeps moving forward.  V8 to V11 is night and day.

V8 is narrow, wimpy, wobbly, makes me insecure every time I ride it.  My daughter mainly rides it and I ask her and she says she loves it.  Maybe because she is lighter? 50lb?

For me, I despise the V8.

Just got V11 and is impressive.  The 3 inch tires makes super stable and the air shock is better than I thought.  Inmotion won me over.  The light is powerful that it needs a fan to cool, cracks me up.

But yes it is heavy.  Although I didn't think it was sluggish, responded fine to me.  It did seem harder to stop.  And turning wasn't as nimble.  

The very first time, I was scared to get on because the pedals were much higher and wasn't use to the air shock. But the 2nd mount and beyond was no problem and had no trouble riding.

Well the weight is too heavy for me.  With my bad back I'm having trouble getting it in and out of the trunk and scratching both the car and the wheel.

If I could afford multiple wheels like mr Backe, I would keep it.  But I need a lighter wheel.

Edited by CaptainKBLS
  • Like 2

On 5/16/2021 at 11:00 AM, CaptainKBLS said:

Technology keeps moving forward.  V8 to V11 is night and day.

V8 is narrow, wimpy, wobbly, makes me insecure every time I ride it.  My daughter mainly rides it and I ask her and she says she loves it.  Maybe because she is lighter? 50lb?

For me, I despise the V8.

Just got V11 and is impressive.  The 3 inch tires makes super stable and the air shock is better than I thought.  Inmotion won me over.  The light is powerful that it needs a fan to cool, cracks me up.

But yes it is heavy.  Although I didn't think it was sluggish, responded fine to me.  It did seem harder to stop.  And turning wasn't as nimble.  

The very first time, I was scared to get on because the pedals were much higher and wasn't use to the air shock. But the 2nd mount and beyond was no problem and had no trouble riding.

Well the weight is too heavy for me.  With my bad back I'm having trouble getting it in and out of the trunk and scratching both the car and the wheel.

If I could afford multiple wheels like mr Backe, I would keep it.  But I need a lighter wheel.

The wheel is lighter on the knees though! 

• 2 weeks later...

if it feels too high, you just adjust the air shocks a little bit,and play with tire pressure, 0.2bar less is noticable (mine feels slightly more stable)

it's also a matter of adapting to the new wheel.

i just got my V11 after learning to ride on a small trainer wheel like the airwheel x3 for about 3 weeks.

getting along fine now. still avoiding traffic but that makes me go for longer detours :-)