[overview] XieTong Electrony chargers: C600M_v1 (820W) - C600B (600W) - C300M (300W)

null

(Charger brand listing)

This is an overview and my impressions on the: XieTong C600M_v1 (820W) - C600B (600W) - C300M (300W) Chargers. This brand also goes under the name Electroncy, Electrony, ecitypower, PPower Corporation. It is the same producer as Eunicycles use for their adjustable chargers.

Disclaimer: I lack the knowledge to properly review a charger, so take this as "impressions". if someone more knowledgable can get anything from the pictures or has other information it would be great to add it here.

Here is my overview of the C1200 (1200W)

Lineup:

DSC09854lt2.thumb.jpg.726fb7dc71172d6861fa713980738088.jpg

Edited by null
  • Like 1

C600M_V1 (820W)

This is a low cost version compared to the regular line.
At 820W I ordered it as 84V/9A for occasional fast charge of my 18XL.

The housing is a single thin aluminium extrusion closed by plastic caps. The overall outside finish is OK, with nice laser specs indications.
The board slides in by rails. As it isn't tightly held it moves a bit around. As the housing doesn't serve as heatsink like on the other models, there is an additional heating inside. The transformer is only rated (according to the sticker) to 84V/8A, which sound a but wonky considering the charger is sold as 820W. It is topped by a glued on heat sink which is an exotic feature. Components are upright compared to YZ, but the soldering is quite ugly, even very bad at times. It is also quite dusty. Has grounding which YZ-450 doesn't.

It is controlled by an MCU, which is interesting but required a USB dongle and software to program: there are no pots to adjust Volt, Amp and cutoff.

Some cost saving here aren't an issue (plastic caps and rubber grommets, recycled transformer) but the undersized transformer and sloppy soldering are a bit worry-some.

Pics:

IMG_0124.thumb.jpg.a08895fc6970fd705de7f0b32ea33371.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Edited by null
  • Like 1

C600B (600W)

Normal line 600W going up to 100.8V. Ordered as 5A to replace my Shermans stock charger.

Housing feels strong and is made of the typical two halves that slide together. Cooling is done by the housing where the mosfets are fastened. Soldering looks better than on the C600M_V1 but still some crappy and dry solder. Classic pots to adjust V/A/C, with no glue to keep from moving. The transformer looks like it was salvaged from a Russian submarine, which is the case for all the Xie-Tong chargers I've opened. They also have the largest caps in the input stage I've ever seen.

Overall this charger feels OK, if anything better than the YZ-450 it replaces.

Pics:

IMG_0126.thumb.jpg.78368c6689bb1d289ce1aff17e77eafc.jpg

C600B IMG_0083.jpg

C600B IMG_0084.jpg

C600B IMG_0085.jpg

C600B IMG_0087.jpg

C600B IMG_0089.jpg

C600B IMG_0090.jpg

Edited by null
  • Like 1

C300M (300W)

Compact 300W charger, up to 84V.

Ok finish outside and in. Same as the other Xie-Tong normal lineup.
Controlled by MCU so no pots for settings. The small display showing Volt and ampere is handy.

My unit seem to have an issue, the amperage is pulsating (about 0,5bpm) and this seem to make an issue with finishing charge on an 18XL (whereas the C600M_V1 which has the same MCU control works fine. I might have to study the possibility to change the programming.

Pics:

IMG_0122.thumb.jpg.5ae5d1427e22c8af67729c4e644723d5.jpg

IMG_0123.thumb.jpg.d5146612758160a7767355aa0be77677.jpg

C300 IMG_0091.jpg

C300 IMG_0092.jpg

C300 IMG_0093.jpg

C300 IMG_0095.jpg

C300 IMG_0096.jpg

Edited by null
  • Like 2

• null changed the title to [overview] XieTong Electrony chargers: C600M_v1 (820W) - C600B (600W) - C300M (300W)
  • 2 years later...

Bonjour.

Merci pour le partage et les informations. 

Je possède un 600B de 58.4Volts 10A. Et je cherche des informations sur ce modèle, j'ai pu me renseigner grâce à votre partage.

Mon appareil a baissé la tension à 56volts et je vois que l on peut régler la tension, l ampérage et la coupure.

Me reste juste à trouver celui de la tension. 

Merci encore 

24 minutes ago, felipe45430 said:

Bonjour.

Welcome!

Please note that the lingua franca in this forum is english. Feel free to use some translator like offered from deepl, google, etc:

24 minutes ago, felipe45430 said:

Good morning.

Thank you for sharing and the information.

I have a 600B of 58.4Volts 10A.  And I'm looking for information on this model, I was able to find out thanks to your sharing.

My device lowered the voltage to 56 volts and I see that you can adjust the voltage, amperage and cut-off.

I just have to find the tension one.

thanks again

In the pictures above from @null one can see the trim potentiometers (blue box with the small "brass" screw head on top). Don't know if @null or some other member already located the one for voltage adjustment?

As one should remember the original adjustment before and while turning the potentiometer anyways the voltage adjustment potentiometer should be easy to identify. Although the current limit potentiometer could maybe have some (very) small but steady effect on the no load output voltage, too.

Be careful while trying adjustments as there are deadly voltages within the charger! As long as the capacitors are charged even while powered off! Theoretically the charger should be designed to discharge them after shut down, but better to not rely on this!

If one wants to secure the potentiometers from unwanted misadjustment by vibration,etc one should not use glue (or just in homoeopathic doses). Normally one uses a thin layer of (special) lacquer/varnish so it can easily be readjusted again. Afair in earlier days one used for diy solutions a small drop of clear nail polish.

• Upvote 1

I haven't had to set the voltage on this charger, so I don't know which potentiometer it is.
Just do like @Chriull says :)

These pots often take many turns to get from min to max, so don't be too shy, you can turn it 1/4 or 1/2, then you know how much you need to get it back where it was.

Edited by null