XieTong Electrony C1200 (1200W) Charger

null

(Charger brand listing)

This is an overview and my impressions on the XieTong C1200 (1200W) Charger. This also goes under the name electroncy, Electrony, ecitypower. It is the same producer as Eunicycles use for their adjustable chargers.

Disclaimer: I lack the knowledge to properly review a charger, so take this as "impressions". if someone more knowledgable can get anything from the pictures or has other information it would be great to add it here.

The 1200W unit is just north of 2Kg, with a reasonably contained volume. The external fit is fairly standard but feel solid and the cables are thick and the AC has grounding. The optional display is useful to have an idea of the level of charge. Fan is a bit noisy, I might replace it. There is a handle and fastening edges we could have done without.

Internally it looks ok with enough margin on the cables going out. The soldering seem normal, no dry spots. The voltage transformer (?) (copper windings) looks a bit wonky. White goo also seem a bit random. The housing is used for cooling with regulators and mosfets (I guess) fixated to it. If enough this is good to keep weight down.

Overall I'm fairly satisfied, I will get back with more impressions after a while.

Pictures in case anyone can judge anything from that:

DSC09847.thumb.JPG.238e6f84f1ea744c283c7f3d4866b7e5.JPG

IMG_5131.thumb.JPG.0e984bce372c3aa5d2f0f1c931b71c38.JPG

DSC09848.JPG

IMG_5137.JPG

IMG_5134.JPG

IMG_5135.JPG

IMG_5132.JPG

Edited by null
  • Like 3

I wonder how this will affect battery lifespan this is by far the most extreme wattage charger i've seen used for eucs. I guess the sherman should be able to handle it, it's just a matter of how it will affect the amount of charge/discharge cycles. 

I personally haven't even had a chance to use my 800W fast charger for my RS yet, but it's nice to have for when the world starts opening up again.

• Like 1

When talking charger power I usually use amps to measure how strong the charger performs.  The charge voltage should be pretty constant across different classes of chargers for the same wheel or voltage class, but the output amps will change based on how strong a charger is.  When I usually think Watts, it is usually in the context of load on the electrical circuit I plug it in to, or how much money it will cost to operate.

This charger is a beast at 10amps!  I would make sure any wheel you plan to use this with has wiring and circuits of sufficient gauge to handle 10amps as that generates a lot of heat on smaller gauge wires.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

I am missing something? The black charger on the picture looks like it's a 100.8V * 10A = ~1000W, right? It even says so on the sticker on the charger, it must be adjustable then?

It is adjusted by the factory when you order it. It can go up to 1200W but mine is limited to 1000W as is.. (seller) (producer)
Would have been nice if it was adjustable, but no. There is the JiaRyu JR-900 which is close and adjustable but I wanted the extra Amp.

Edited by null
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, null said:

It is adjusted by the factory when you order it. It can go up to 1200W but mine is limited to 1000W as is.. (seller) (producer)

If there is not increased amperage output why would you want to increase the amount of watts the charger uses?  Lower wattage consumption for the same voltage amps out in my mind means greater efficiency.

Just now, Rich Sam said:

If there is not increased amperage output why would you want to increase the amount of watts the charger uses?  Lower wattage consumption for the same voltage amps out in my mind means greater efficiency.

They didn't have a 1000W version with display, and having been burnt by the stock "100.8V/450W/5A" (wrong math) I preferred having headroom, in stead of peaking above limit again. But yes, agreed with your point.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rich Sam said:

Generally, chargers are most efficient between 50% and 80% of the charger's rated maximum current load. Below 50% there is a loss due to having to build a magnetic field in a large coil, above 80% there is a loss due to coil saturation.

If you want a very efficient charger there's going to be a lot of design time involved, which translates into lots of circuitry to handle the different sets of circumstances, and therefore increased cost.

Given the lifespan of wheels it is probably best to use an inexpensive charger and say "good enough." (Though not a "cheap" charger as this could ruin the EUC circuitry.)

Of course one could also buy a mid-range charger with adjustable output for use with multiple wheels.

High-end chargers are probably beyond the quality of the wheel components, but what works best for you is what works best for you.

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
  • Like 2