V11: "Please Repair" message randomly when charging

Tryptych

Twice in the past few weeks while charging my V11 has spoken outloud: “Please Repair”. Both times it happened at the end of the charge when was is balancing the batteries and the charger’s green light was on.

I have run diagnostics and examined the batteries, everything looks fine, both batteries are at 83.4V after the charge, both are "Normal".  Also: I rode many times (200 km or more) after the first “Please Repair” and charged back up to 100% several times without issue.

At first I thought it was just a glitch in the new firmware, but now that it's happened twice I am more concerned.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

I observed something similar when replacing 1 of the 2 battery packs.

At first it was fine as I fully assembled the V11 back together I didn't get tail light and speaker function. 

So I disassembled my V11 again. To make sure I didn't fry anything I disconnected the batteries again and discharged the control boards again.

It turned out go be a cracked connector on the board side from when I took it apart. I could reconnect it and push the board side on place. This is not a super critical connector. But for now I am waiting for my 2nd V11.

When I reconnected batteries again I got a brief moment of similar please repair. But at the time the battery packs were not synchronised. After turning of and on again it didn't report the problem anymore.

Now your guess is as good as mine. But with EUCs there is a high level if trust involved.  This means I am going to make a full control board (both boards and housing) swap at some point. For now I will ride my 2nd V11 summer time. By fall I hope to get a new version of control board. For now saving up to buy the boards. Looking at what can happen if you have problem in the EUC I rather buy a set of new boards than taking the risk of an unplanned cut-out.

• 10 months later...

Tryptych, I experienced the same issue with my V10F very recently. As you described it, it happened to me when chargin the battery and it looks like it happens at the end of the charge. And it happened two time for now.

Any news on this topic? Have you handled this in a certain way?

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi, 

I experienced this as well, during a fast downhill run. The V11 aggressively tilted back. After I came to a stop, I tilted the V11 back and forth and the warning stopped. Has anyone heard back from Inmotion?

1 hour ago, Carey said:

Hi, 

I experienced this as well, during a fast downhill run. The V11 aggressively tilted back. After I came to a stop, I tilted the V11 back and forth and the warning stopped. Has anyone heard back from Inmotion?

If your battery is fully charged and you start going downhill immediately it may overcharge the battery so it tilts back and gives you the warning message. This has happened to me quite a few times as I live on the top of a large hill. I remedied this situation but riding uphill a few blocks to discharge the battery a bit before I headed downhill.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, thanks for the info. I live near the top of a very long and steep hill as well. I had fully charged my V11 and then rode downhill for about a mile before it happened. I'll have to start riding uphill to go downhill.  😀 

• Like 1